Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our car is going into the dealership for the Antifreeze/waterpump issue in the next few days.

Wanted to know what they normally give as a rental for this?

Scheduled a trip that falls on the same time the car is in the shop, so I'd like to know what we can expect?

This will also decide if we go or not, as we were going to be carrying some stuff to our daughter in Houston.

Let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
337 Posts
impala or aveo lol.

they usually ask you if the impala is too big for you.

they may give you something nicer if they think you're special haha

·
Registered
75 Posts
It really depends on the dealership, I've been given a loaner twice for repairs.The first one was a 2009 cobalt....lol, but the second time it was a 2011 Silverado extended cab Z71 4x4, a 30k truck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't want the truck! LOL! Too poor of gas mileage.

The Aveo WON'T do, but I could definately do an Impala.

Hope to hear more!

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
I got a 2013 Malibu. I must say I was impressed with that 4 cylinder.
Did miss my Cruze though.

Reactions: jdubb11

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,309 Posts
I had a 2012 Malibu twice, a Cruze once, and a Silverado 4x4.

Silverado was absolutely the coolest rental car I've ever had, even if it got terrible MPG.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
When my 2012 Cruze went to my dealer body shop to get some minor scratches and the windshield replaced they give my a 2012 Ford focus. Wasn't impressed with it at all.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Was given a 1 lt cruze nice car for the 2 days I had it not exactly comfortable with it though . I really like my own .

·
Registered
277 Posts
Impala (man was that thing fast with the 300hp engine)
Cruze
Chevy Tahoe (I fealt like I was raping the earth of it's natural resources driving this- think I got 15mpg)
Chrysler 300 (Enterprise was out of Chevy cars and had to give me this one- nicest car of the bunch btw)
Malibu
HHR

Some of those I had multiple times- I got to be friends with the Enterprise guys LOL

·
17,309 Posts
Big difference from the 2011 I had. The 3500 with the 4-speed was a freaking turtle.

Seriously, who in their right mind designed the gear ratios in that thing??? 1st gear I believe went to 60 mph.

That said, it was the best car I ever drove in a snowstorm.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Haven't gotten one from Ed Bozarth as they haven't needed to keep my car overnight. Alpine Buick/GMC used to either rent one from Enterprise down the block or loan my a loaded GMC Envoy, even well after my Montana was out of warranty. I keep trying to get Ed Bozarth to loan me a Volt for the day to save their shuttle driver from having to drive across town to drop me off and then pick me up.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Big difference from the 2011 I had. The 3500 with the 4-speed was a freaking turtle.

Seriously, who in their right mind designed the gear ratios in that thing??? 1st gear I believe went to 60 mph.

That said, it was the best car I ever drove in a snowstorm.
It was a 2012- as soon as I left the dealer and floored it to merge into traffic- I was like "wow" Turns out in 2012 they put the direct injected 3.6 V6 in it- same 300hp engine as what is in the Camero. It flew and I got 24mpg on the highway with it while having some fun. The interior was dated but was assembled well. I will say it is one of the best kept secrets out there- the powertrain was awesome.

·
17,309 Posts
It was a 2012- as soon as I left the dealer and floored it to merge into traffic- I was like "wow" Turns out in 2012 they put the direct injected 3.6 V6 in it- same 300hp engine as what is in the Camero. It flew and I got 24mpg on the highway with it while having some fun. The interior was dated but was assembled well. I will say it is one of the best kept secrets out there- the powertrain was awesome.
It was really something they needed to do to the Impala a LONG time ago. Got a 6-speed transmission that year too.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
The three times I had my car in I never got a rental car, my dealer has quite a few older chevys as loaner cars. 1st car was a 2010 Impala, second a 2005 Malibu & the third was a very underpowered 2008 HHR. All three had nasty old man smell(probably why they couldn't resell them).

Of the three only the 2010 impala was what I would consider road worthy & safe to drive. The malibu had a large vacuum leak sound as soon as I started it(besides being unsafely underpowered), I popped the hood when I got home & could see the brake master cylinder was loose & rocking on the firewall. the car had the same 2.2ecotec as my 2004 cavalier in a much heavier car, no wonder it felt so slow.

The HHR at least everything worked but again the 2.2ecotec was not enough motor for something this heavy, the car struggled to maintain speed in the hills where I live. It felt as though the motor was very worn out even though there was less than 100,000miles on it.

All three of these cars made me really appreciate the cruze. It has nice usable power for a small 4 cylinder, rides nice, & the interior is anything but cheap.

·
17,309 Posts
The three times I had my car in I never got a rental car, my dealer has quite a few older chevys as loaner cars. 1st car was a 2010 Impala, second a 2005 Malibu & the third was a very underpowered 2008 HHR. All three had nasty old man smell(probably why they couldn't resell them).

Of the three only the 2010 impala was what I would consider road worthy & safe to drive. The malibu had a large vacuum leak sound as soon as I started it(besides being unsafely underpowered), I popped the hood when I got home & could see the brake master cylinder was loose & rocking on the firewall. the car had the same 2.2ecotec as my 2004 cavalier in a much heavier car, no wonder it felt so slow.

The HHR at least everything worked but again the 2.2ecotec was not enough motor for something this heavy, the car struggled to maintain speed in the hills where I live. It felt as though the motor was very worn out even though there was less than 100,000miles on it.

All three of these cars made me really appreciate the cruze. It has nice usable power for a small 4 cylinder, rides nice, & the interior is anything but cheap.
GM has a long history of using antiqued, underpowered engines for applications. Seems like they finally started getting their act together a few years ago.

It's nice to see the Cruze with good technology under the hood and as a pioneer [in the US] of the small-car, fuel-efficient turbocharged engine. VW has had their 1.8 here for years, but it was never much good after a few years old.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Since my dealer didn't make arraignments with Enterprise(takes half a day to get a car since Enterprise is an hour away) when I made my appointment I got the lot loaner. '03 Buick Century. I think it was the used lot reject.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Cruze
Chevy Tahoe (I fealt like I was raping the earth of it's natural resources driving this- think I got 15mpg)
Chrysler 300 (Enterprise was out of Chevy cars and had to give me this one- nicest car of the bunch btw)
Malibu
HHR

Some of those I had multiple times- I got to be friends with the Enterprise guys LOL
Holy Chit...........have you ever been able to drive YOUR car???

1 - 20 of 34 Posts