Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
GM Factory warranties travel with the car. Aftermarket, including GMPP and GMEPP service plans may transfer depending on the exact wording in the contract.

Flood and salvage titles void the factory warranties.

To find out more, go to https://my.gm.com and create an account. Once you have an account you can add your VIN to your account and find out any remaining warranty and outstanding recalls.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Is there any site to check whether the warranty on my 2012 Cruze has been transferred into my name?
Do you mean a extended warranty?

The 3/36 and 5/100 coverages are for the car regardless of who owns it so no transfer takes place.......this as well as any extended programs, such as the water pump.

The selling dealer should have provided Chevrolet your information relating to the VI# though so any new recalls or extensions are sent to you.
In theory, if the service department looks up your VI# on the V.I.S. system it should show you as owner of record if the sales department followed through......if not, the service department can do the update.

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.