Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the cruze in for an oil change a month ago and was told my ctuze wasn't included in the recall but they never checked the serial number after doing some research it is. Is there anything I can do about this it could've turned into a fatal accident because of a careless tech that didn't want to check. Still haven't taken it in or told the dealer about the mistake yet. Even onstar called and alearted me that it was spicifically on my car. So disapointed in Chevy.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Nothing has been actually replaced on a Cruze yet, the recalls have purely been transmission reflashes or checking parts for possible failures. You're fine and were likely not in any serious danger..

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
I'd get it back to the dealer....if it were me, I'd have to fuss a little as well.

·
Registered
196 Posts
its not the techs responsibility (atleast it was never mine) to do a vin search for open campaigns.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My dealer messed up the other way. I got a mailed letter from Chevy Corporate telling me of the 11149 recall. Got it checked out by the dealer. Then OnStar in its delayed fashion told me about the recall via email. Dealer got the email too and called me to schedule for a recall service appt. I had to call them to say they already did the recall service. Good times.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I've gotten my 2 recall notices in the mail a long long time ago, if you read at what they are about and the number of cars that actually had the problem youd see why im not so concerned. I'll get it done eventually but im not going to make a trip out of it for that specific reason, I'll wait until I'm at the dealer for another reason, could be next week, could be next year who knows. Chevrolet basically sent out those recalls as precautions, probably a 99 percent chance nothings wrong with your car anyways. If it was a more serious recall I would have made an appointment for the next day but in my opinion it's not.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Took the cruze in for an oil change a month ago and was told my ctuze wasn't included in the recall but they never checked the serial number after doing some research it is. Is there anything I can do about this it could've turned into a fatal accident because of a careless tech that didn't want to check. Still haven't taken it in or told the dealer about the mistake yet. Even onstar called and alearted me that it was spicifically on my car. So disapointed in Chevy.
I agree that the service department didn't do the full job. If this were my car, I'd name the dealership and I'd take the issue back to the service manager, politely. It appears that Chevy dealerships are not all good even since the purge. The customer really needs to be knowledgeable and not rely on the service folks to do the proper job. If you don't get satisfaction from the first one, hopefully there is another Chevy dealership in your area to use.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Are you talking the transmission recall or the steering recall?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts