Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Wash, clay bar, 2 coats of Liquid Glass results

7410 Views 17 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  CHUV
So yesterday I washed the Cruze, clay barred it, and then applied the first coat of Liquid Glass. This morning, I applied the second coat. As I've said, Liquid Glass is insanely easy to put on and take off. You can apply it to the entire car before removing it even in direct sunlight. If you've never clay barred a car before, I highly recommend it. All the major detailing brands sell a kit. I used the Mothers kit. It really is not hard, just time consuming. Go slow and keep the surface lubricated with the included spray. Move the clay slow over the paint until it slides easily and don't press too hard. After you're done, you should be able to glide your finger over the paint like glass. It's really quite awesome.

Results:

This is in bright sunlight at a buddies Firestone shop that was having its grand opening. Can really see how the paint is almost like glass.

This is back at the house. Cloudy outside. This is also after driving home in the rain and drying it off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Looks great! Especially in the sun. Great work!:goodjob:

· Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Time out! How did you get reverse sensors on an Eco?!?
Car came with the connectivity pack which is an option for the Eco on the 2012 model. Honestly I didn't want them but this car had every other option I wanted(only really wanted the 6-speed and Pioneer stereo) and was the only one around that did.

· Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Only downside of it is the cost. A can is $25 (here anyway) and will only last about 4 applications tops. I had a can I'd only used once before for 2 coats on a different car and barely got the 2nd coat out of it. Luckily I bought two more cans.

· Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Goddamn 2012s!!! 2011s got ripped off lol.

Anyway I love the colour and shine. I think ill be getting liquid glass next time. Would do wonders for the black paint.
My 2011 ECO has them, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AutoGuide.com App

· Banned
1,123 Posts
Loving that Topaz Blue!

WOW!!! You gas mileage is AMAZING right from day one it looks like! I think you got a TEST engine. :) Man, you're getting ECO mileage on an LTZ! I am VERY jealous! I'm beginning to think that someone MUST be stealing my gas which leads me to ask- WHY doesn't GM start making LOCKING gas caps again in this day and age?? Guess that's a question for Stacey to pass on to the upper echelon at GM.

· Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,189 Posts
Locking Gas Cap / Fuel Door

GM fits the gas tank with a one way mechanism that you can't syphon from.
Re: Locking Gas Cap / Fuel Door Gas Cap / Fuel Door

Yes, but that doesn't prevent some malefactor from pouring a contaminant into your fuel tank with the purpose of disabling or even destroying your engine. Think it unlikely? A couple hooligans in Germany did this to my Honda CBR while I was in class and the engine seized up tight before made it back home to Langenhagen (Niedersachsen).

UlyssesSG

· Registered
383 Posts
WOW!!! You gas mileage is AMAZING right from day one it looks like! I think you got a TEST engine. :) Man, you're getting ECO mileage on an LTZ! I am VERY jealous! I'm beginning to think that someone MUST be stealing my gas which leads me to ask- WHY doesn't GM start making LOCKING gas caps again in this day and age?? Guess that's a question for Stacey to pass on to the upper echelon at GM.
I agree about the gas cap. I liked the way my Civic was. You could only open the cap from the inside with a lever.

· Banned
1,123 Posts
GM fits the gas tank with a one way mechanism that you can't syphon from
I have read this, but a crook can find a way around anything. Besides, having a non-locking filler cap leaves us vulnerable to jerks who might want to pour something into our tank! I'm sure GM saved a few $$$ by eliminating this feature! My 2004 Chevy Aveo has a locking gas cap!

· Premium Member
4,468 Posts
If ylthey want the gas bad enought they will poke holes in your gas tank.

h3llion

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.