Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Wash, clay bar, wax.... Done.

3050 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Poje
I've had the car for a few weeks (maybe a month), and this was the first weekend that the weather has been nice enough that I've been able to do more than take it to the car wash and spray it off. Although I've been researching other products, I decided to use what I already had. The car has less than 1k miles on it and I wasn't sure about clay baring it until after the wash. 1 feel of the paint decided me.

Here's the products I used.
Brand name car wash (can't remember what brand. Meguires, Mothers, etc)
Mothers clay bar kit
Meguires NXT Tech wax

I did the usual. Wash, dry, clay bar, wash, dry, wax, buff. The only issue I had was related to where I live. I washed the car in my yard, and pulled it into the garage for the clay bar/wax. It's very dry and dusty here. In the time it took to dry the car and pull it into the garage, the car developed a very fine layer of dust. Every step of the clay bar/wax process required a quick swipe with my buffing towel to remove the dust from the area I was working on.

Unfortunately, I need to pick up some things for the wheels and tires. My wash sponge is not suited for the tighter spots in the wheels, and I have no tire brush or spray. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'll be working on the interior this week.

Anyway, here's the results.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
803 Posts
I would suggest finding a wash glove with fingers (not a mitt). I saw one at auto zone. I should of bought it. The pesky spokes on the Eco wheels can be a pain since there are some tight spaces.

I use this here wheel brush to clean the inside barrels. Its not really a brush, no bristles. Its a microfiber pad on a handle. Works well and keeps the inside of the wheels sparkling.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...-26si?itemIdentifier=835364_0_0_&target=shelf

· Registered
101 Posts
I got mine waxed yesterday as well process was debuffer, sealant, and 3 layers of wax. It came out great and super smooth, great timing too from my end as the forecast has it raining the next 4 days with possibly snow Friday...I don't have pictures but it did rain this morning and the thing still looks like it came out of the car wash.

Reactions: Starks8

· Premium Member
2,240 Posts
I got mine waxed yesterday as well process was debuffer, sealant, and "3 layers of wax."

I hate to tell you but you wasted your time. when you wax a car it takes off the old wax(if there is any left) so you just took it on and off 3 times. I recommend Automagic BC-2 works well when your hand waxing and is fortified with Teflon so it actually lasts 4-6 months versus reg big name store bought wax that last roughly 30 days. .........At least in my professional detailing experience.

· Premium Member
820 Posts
GJ !

I love detailing my car. I find that the majority of peeps wont take the time to do a good job and i'll see very nice car badly cleaned quite often.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.