Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a couple photos I threw together after washing and waxing it today. I experimented around with some filters and vignettes and I think it turned out decent. Let me know your opinions!

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good what/who do you use?
Thank you! I do it myself. I use Meguiars Deep Crystal Car Wash, a Mothers Clay Bar and Mothers Brazilian Carnauba Wax. Then a light coat of Meguiars Hot Shine tire spray on the tires and a bit of Armor-All in the fender wells to darken that up for photos.

I wash it using a microfiber sponge and dry it using microfiber towels.

Anyone have any idea how to clean the dash? Mine does NOT like Armor-All and leaves a spotty/streaky finish on the plastic.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Thank you! I do it myself. I use Meguiars Deep Crystal Car Wash, a Mothers Clay Bar and Mothers Brazilian Carnauba Wax. Then a light coat of Meguiars Hot Shine tire spray on the tires and a bit of Armor-All in the fender wells to darken that up for photos.

I wash it using a microfiber sponge and dry it using microfiber towels.

Anyone have any idea how to clean the dash? Mine does NOT like Armor-All and leaves a spotty/streaky finish on the plastic.
I'm a huge fan of Meguiar's products. I use their Interior Cleaner for all plastics inside the car. I also use their leather cleaner for the seats.

Don't spray any cleaner onto the parts you're cleaning. Set the nozzle on the bottle to the wide spray and just a few sprays onto a microfiber cloth will be enough to clean half of the upper dash. I move over to the passenger seat and do the same thing with the other side of the dash. Too much and it may leave streaking. It comes out really nice looking when I'm done every time.

Also another thing I do is wipe a generous amount of the interior cleaner onto the exterior plastics (the matte black finish door trim pieces for example). The bottle says it has UV protection and it may or may not allow the exterior plastic pieces to withstand the UV rays a bit better and prevent premature aging. Of course this is also great for the interior pieces that are usually in direct contact with sunlight.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@LiveTrash Awesome. I will pick some of that stuff up Monday after classes.

I'll try that trick with the exterior plastics too! Thanks!

Reactions: LiveTrash

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use chemical guys for all of my cleaning products and I also use Carbrite brand called blue max for all interiors. I detail about 40-50 cars a month and use nothing but that.
That's cool. Wonder where I can pick some of that up at around here.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Great pics! I need to clean mine up! Got caught behind a state struck dumping brine on the way to work yesterday... :sad010:

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great pics! I need to clean mine up! Got caught behind a state struck dumping brine on the way to work yesterday... :sad010:
Thanks man!

Dang that sucks; I hate that crap in general. Makes a mess everywhere.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
That s**t is awful. Worse than the rock salt they used to throw down. Around here anyway that brine mixture is a relatively new thing they've started.

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ain't that the truth!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice Looks Very good:) To cold to do that here so i just cover mine everynight

·