Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first time posting, plenty of reading.

I have a 2014 1.4 cruze lt. 200k km.

I just had a new turbo (third one) installed at a third party mechanic and the wastegate is sticking partially after driving for about 20 minutes and underboost code keeps throwing p0299. I clear it and it runs normal again, then sticks again. I went to the dealer and they want to throw another complete turbo in again, a week and half later. No warranty.

Is it possible to adjust the wastegate, or just replace it?

Everything else has been replaced map sensor, pressure etc. all test normal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
1,058 Posts
Is it the wastegate actuator? Or was that replaced as well? How does a brand new turbo from a mechanic not have a warranty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply! I purchased a new cardone turbo that came with everything and it appears the actual flipper inside the turbo (wastegate I believe) is sticking here and there as I pulled the pin off and checked. Unfortunately, I went to a mechanic suggested by a friend and they didn't change the oil that I provided with the turbo and that voids the turbo warranty (not happy). The process to fight these guys seems not worth the effort and they do not seem extremely knowledgeable after the fact. They are "just installing" but are mechanics....

At this point, I am hoping I can fix it myself, or worst case I would have to get dealer to drop another in, but of course that is a lot of money at this point.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
1,058 Posts
Contact cardone and see if they’ll warranty it? Or refund. Then go with the dealer depending.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your responses.

I think the first mechanic was not quite "great". My normal mechanic refuses to work on a turbo.

I took it to the dealer, and a new one fixed the problem. Unfortunately, not cheap. It's actually driving better vs. when I first bought it in terms of the turbo.

I did take the first replaced turbo out and it seemed like it was bone dry and probably sticking because no lubrication was done. I'm no mechanic, just my observation.

Crossing fingers on it lasting without further problems.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
1,058 Posts
Good to hear thanks for the update! After I did the PCV fix on mine it ran to much better, so much more power, like a new car again, enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts