Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Has anyone else had water appearing under the yellow plastic of your hood emblem? I hate the way it looks but I do not dare play around with it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Here is a picture... the water remains in the emblem. It seems the top layer of plastic is loose and it is allowing water to enter. Are these emblems easy to remove and replace?

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
With 2 posts the system doesn't allow you to display pictures yet, I'm told you need 3 or more. I see a square with a cloud and a mountain and a white stripe

·
Registered
280 Posts
Very common. You can buy a new emblem for around $25 and replace it. Held on with double sided tape. Just pry the old one off, take your time, may want to heat it to help with removal. I use a heat gun, can use a hair dryer also. I've replaced mine already. New emblem will come with double sided tape, just reapply. Make sure you clean all the old tape off before applying new emblem. Also, don't buy the knock-offs they sell on ebay. Pay a little more for the factory GM part. I bought a cheaper aftermarket version for about $18, lasted about a month and started coming apart. Bought the GM OEM part for around for about $5 more and have not had any more issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.