Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a dumb question as I don’t know much about cars, I just happened to notice my car seems to leak water, I’m guessing it is coming from AC, but even when I don’t use the AC there is still leakage, is this normal? I attached a image for better reference as where it is coming out

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,296 Posts
Are you using defrost at all?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,296 Posts
Defrost will run the A/C automatically if I’m not mistaken to draw water out of the air and make the fog go away. That is likely what it is from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started my car this morning (without the ac/defrost on and had small droplets coming out, not a big puddle or anything, and notice it will do it sometimes several hours after running the ac/defrost, just curious if this is something to be concerned about

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,466 Posts
No, that's condensation from the AC system, pretty usual.

Just to be sure, go ahead and touch those droplets - you'll know right away if they're water or something else.

Reactions: Thebigzeus

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,296 Posts
No, that's condensation from the AC system, pretty usual.

Just to be sure, go ahead and touch those droplets - you'll know right away if they're water or something else.
I give a little taste test sometimes just to make sure.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,466 Posts
I give a little taste test sometimes just to make sure.
I remember when doing the lower intake gaskets on my buddy's 3800 in his '95 Olds 88, in the parking lot of the dorms back in college...in the fall (so okay during the day but your hands started to stop functioning with it getting into the 40s at night)...one of the guys from our same dorm unit (who ended up being one of my pledge brothers later that term), jokingly dipped his finger in the literal pool of coolant filling the lower intake manifold, said "it's just like candy" and licked it.

His mouth still tasted like coolant a few days later. :ROFLMAO:

For me, the smell test usually works pretty well haha.

MMMM (I'm pretty sure this terrible photo came off my old Blackberry):

1 - 8 of 8 Posts