Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking seriously at picking up a 1.4T Cruze and looking at the limitations of its systems. As a water/meth head, I am looking into integrating a kit, and reading about ways to setup failsafes. I know that Snow Performance was used with the Vtuning kits, and that there was some kind of failsafe used. I cannot find any specific information on this though, and whether it was an indirect failsafe, meaning high IATs made the ECU switch to low octane map indirectly, or a direct failsafe, meaning a wire or wires were connected directly to the ECU in order to tell the ECU to switch maps (Hayabusa Pin 58 style or Evo style Map switching harness - EvoEcu), or simply hijacking the boost solenoid wire to drop boost.

Can anyone post pertinent information? I haven’t found anything concrete in searching the forum.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been running one form or another for 6 years. 2 failures with one controller. Not necessarily looking to do it because I want to run on the ragged edge, but want to know how it works, and make the car do it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I haven't seen anything like this for the Vtuner. his is wired just like snow says. His tune can reflash back to stock in minutes if there is a problem w/ the meth system. on the fail safe from snow these is these 2 little lights that get wires into 1 into pump + other is the low level float on the meth tank. I looked into your link. I haven't seen anyone do it that way here yet. I also am using a scan gauge so I can monitor a few things the DIC don't. ignition - trans temp - IAT - water temp is my 4 fav to monitor car w/o getting a diff. system than the scan gauge.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't seen anything like this for the Vtuner. his is wired just like snow says. His tune can reflash back to stock in minutes if there is a problem w/ the meth system. on the fail safe from snow these is these 2 little lights that get wires into 1 into pump + other is the low level float on the meth tank. I looked into your link. I haven't seen anyone do it that way here yet. I also am using a scan gauge so I can monitor a few things the DIC don't. ignition - trans temp - IAT - water temp is my 4 fav to monitor car w/o getting a diff. system than the scan gauge.
I know that intercepting the BOV signal or boost solenoid has been discussed. The Aquamist kit I would be using has a resistor that should keep the CEL away, but the only way to know for sure is the cut, splice and see what happens.

I am hoping that the kit could be used for part throttle cooling in hot weather to prevent power loss (pulse width modulated valve system, so no tinkling at low percentages), and also have enough headroom for extra cooling at higher than wastegate pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts