Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to replace the hose on my '14 Cruze because I was driving and saw smoke, pulled over, and the upper radiator hose was spewing coolant! I took it home and un-did the hose and notice the actual water outlet was broken! Anyone have any ideas on how exactly this piece was damaged like this? Looks melted, or crushed, or both!
Auto part Engine Fuel line Carburetor Automotive engine part

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I had to replace the hose on my '14 Cruze because I was driving and saw smoke, pulled over, and the upper radiator hose was spewing coolant! I took it home and un-did the hose and notice the actual water outlet was broken! Anyone have any ideas on how exactly this piece was damaged like this? Looks melted, or crushed, or both!
<snip pic>
Both the 1.4T and the 1.8 gen1 Cruzes seem to have issues like this in the cooling systems. The nipples on the coolant tanks are prone to doing the same thing. Seems like they get toasted and become brittle. I've had the plastic on the water outlet crack, too, on one of my 1.8's.

That said, looking at gmpartsdirect.com , I see your water outlet is not too expensive, about 25 bucks plus shipping.

Doug

[DO NOT order without verifying it matches.]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i replaced it yesterday and the nipple from the coolant tank literally busted off inside The top hole. The nipple was literally like a wet paper towel roll that easily ripped in half. Unbelievable

·
Registered
56 Posts
Another common problem in these cars. But see you've already replaced it ;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Cheap plastic!! Looks a little familiar.

Water Outlet Housing #2 - 20MARCH2020 - had to replace it at the Palmdale BestBuy parking lot, in the rain.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Both the 1.4T and the 1.8 gen1 Cruzes seem to have issues like this in the cooling systems. The nipples on the coolant tanks are prone to doing the same thing. Seems like they get toasted and become brittle. I've had the plastic on the water outlet crack, too, on one of my 1.8's.

That said, looking at gmpartsdirect.com , I see your water outlet is not too expensive, about 25 bucks plus shipping.

Doug

[DO NOT order without verifying it matches.]
Spent $35 for mine, at AutoZone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts