Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while no, I have had a mysterious collant leak so i turned to the forum for some help. I have read a few threads about coolant leaking out of the water outlet on the right side of the engine. I decided to take a look, and bingo i too have a coolant leak from this location as well. So my question for every one is, has any one done this repair on their own? If its been done does any one have a part number for me? And, how difficult is it, it looks as only three bolts hold it in.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Yes I did this repair on my own, it was not a difficult job. I don't have access to the part number at the moment as I'm on the road, and on my phone but I'm sure someone can chime in with it if I don't get to it until tonight.

As for the actual repair, the biggest thing to watch for is making sure you get any rubber o-rings out of the old part to put in your new water outlet or it will leak at the small upper hose on top.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I wonder why the o-rings are not part of the part? Seems like re-using o-rings is like re-using gaskets.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
I wonder why the o-rings are not part of the part? Seems like re-using o-rings is like re-using gaskets.
I suspect the o-ring is actually part of the hose on top of the water outlet, but the act of removing that hose leaves the o-ring behind in the old water outlet.

(although the link below does show an o-ring in there, I don't recall any o-rings coming with my water outlet.)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Wow, just thought I'd update this with some info.

Yesterday I took the Cruze out to run an errand, and I stopped at the gas station to fill up. As I was pumping gas, someone asks if my car is overheating because there was steam coming out from under the hood.

I finished pumping, and then popped the hood to check it out. Coolant was leaking pretty good from the hose on top of the water outlet. In fact, there was a small puddle under the engine. I literally just touched the hose with my index finger and the hose blew completely off, showering the engine bay and myself with hot coolant. I have no idea how it came loose like that. After the coolant shower subsided, I checked the hose and there didn't seem to be anything physically wrong with it, so I reconnected it with the metal clip and it has been fine since. I did notice that hose did have two o-rings on it. Whether this is because I ended up with an extra one on there from when I replaced the water outlet almost a year ago, or not, I don't know.

At this point, I am not sure what is supposed to be normal. One o-ring or two? I know I had to install the o-ring from the old water outlet because it would leak there with out it. Perhaps if it is supposed to have only one o-ring, mine has shrunk, which is why I needed another? Maybe someone can check their unmolested hose and report back how many o-rings they have on it.

In the meantime, I have mostly recovered from the first degree burns I got on my hand from yesterday's accidental discharge. :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
For a while no, I have had a mysterious collant leak so i turned to the forum for some help. I have read a few threads about coolant leaking out of the water outlet on the right side of the engine. I decided to take a look, and bingo i too have a coolant leak from this location as well. So my question for every one is, has any one done this repair on their own? If its been done does any one have a part number for me? And, how difficult is it, it looks as only three bolts hold it in.
Whether easy or hard, OUTLET is covered under warranty, is stupid plastic part and easy to break (and drop into the outlet itself).

·
Registered
1 Posts
call out 318 includes everything highlighted. partnumber 25193922

Is it possible to order 315 by itself? I replaced the outlet and have lost that O ring in the process. Also does anyone know if the ring goes onto the bottom part of the nipple or in the groove where 313 holds it in place?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts