Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a 2011 Chevy Cruze 5/2013, with 35k mi.

With in 6mos I had no antifreeze. I brought it to a Chevy dealer to check for any leaks. They said I didn't have any leaks. With in a year, 10/2014 and 82k mi, I brought my car back to the same Chevy dealership and they said I had a crack in my water pump and they replaced it on warranty.

This past December 2016, during a cold snap, I had NO HEAT! I was completely out of antifreeze again. Since then I've been putting more anti freeze every 2-3wks. I currently have 120k mi (yes I drive a lot, grr). This past week I noticed there was wet in the engine compartment where the water pump is located.

I've read in some other threads there could be a defect in the pump wall. Is that common or is the water pump going more frequent?

I do have appt next week at the dealership to replace water pump again.
thanks for any help!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The water pump is covered for 150,000 miles or 10 years, whichever comes first.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
even if its already been replaced once?
Welcome to the forum, nicole.m ,

We can certainly recognize how upsetting unexpected vehicle concerns can be, and we apologize for any displeasure. If you would like an additional layer of assistance for your upcoming appointment, please let us know. We will just need your VIN, full contact information and name of dealer sent to us via private message.

To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts