Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh, joy....

General Motors OnStar tunes into IBM's Watson AI to sell you stuff in your car

"General Motors is teaming up with IBM to use Watson's artificial intelligence not to power an autonomous vehicle, but to market services to drivers on the road.

"The GM and IBM partnership has given birth to OnStar Go, a next-generation version of GM's existing OnStar subscription packages for mobile data, navigation, assistance and security."

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
One more reason for me to not activate OnStar.

·
10,712 Posts
I've already been getting this for years with the OnStar phone active. It's not like I don't already enjoy voicing my opinion when calls about the elections coming up and people with clipboards knocking on the door to the same thing. No Soliciting signs don't work at all.

Back on topic, I really like the idea that in the middle of me trying to make this left turn on yellow someone could just pop in and start taking me out of focus.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I've already been getting this for years with the OnStar phone active. It's not like I don't already enjoy voicing my opinion when calls about the elections coming up and people with clipboards knocking on the door to the same thing. No Soliciting signs don't work at all.

Back on topic, I really like the idea that in the middle of me trying to make this left turn on yellow someone could just pop in and start taking me out of focus.
OnStar did just this to me one time. Needless to say I have been happily ignoring OnStar for years now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.