Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Android smartphone, and like the Cruze radio's feature of being able to play music off of my phone via USB. The only problem is that it will play any audio file it finds anywhere on the phone, including the Ringtones and Alarms folders. Is there some way that I can tell the radio not to play files in a certain folder?

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Gm's thought was to make the radio interface work 100% with Apple IoS. All files saved on an Android phone are saved as music files same as your music that you have saved.. I had the same problem with an Android until I switched to the Ios on the Iphone.. Also GM goes with what they think the market will choose like right now all Cadillac customers that have bought an XTS, ATS, or 13 SRX with the CUE system have to come in and get their system "updated" included in the updates are fixes for the CUE system not pairing and working properly with the Iphone 5. -Casey "Certified Technology Expert" @ a Cadillac dealership.. :th_coolio:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm not surprised to see them optimizing for the iphone and not putting that much thought into 'everyone else'... I guess I'll either find a workaround on my phone, or just deal with the occasional telephone ringer interrupting my music.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
CW_, what radio and options do you have? Also, what model year is your Cruze? I ask because the Bluetooth A2DP interface which works with the base radio only will use the media player on your Android to select the music.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Gm's thought was to make the radio interface work 100% with Apple IoS. All files saved on an Android phone are saved as music files same as your music that you have saved.. I had the same problem with an Android until I switched to the Ios on the Iphone.. Also GM goes with what they think the market will choose like right now all Cadillac customers that have bought an XTS, ATS, or 13 SRX with the CUE system have to come in and get their system "updated" included in the updates are fixes for the CUE system not pairing and working properly with the Iphone 5. -Casey "Certified Technology Expert" @ a Cadillac dealership.. :th_coolio:
GM must be run by the Empire - they couldn't find the Droid's they were looking for. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
At least you get something. My 1LT with the Pioneer premium system does nothing with my Galaxy S3 from Bluetooth or USB. It's a complete junk system and let down. My son's pioneer touch screen in his Blazer (aftermarket) works great with his android by USB or Bluetooth. We got a de-nutted Pioneer or something.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
At least you get something. My 1LT with the Pioneer premium system does nothing with my Galaxy S3 from Bluetooth or USB. It's a complete junk system and let down. My son's pioneer touch screen in his Blazer (aftermarket) works great with his android by USB or Bluetooth. We got a de-nutted Pioneer or something.

For my first post on the site, I decided to respond to this one. My Galaxy S3 works great in my new 2013 Cruze.

larry0071, this is assuming that you have "paired" the phone through Bluetooth with the car? and it still doesn't work?

to CW_ the OP, when you connect your smartphone as a USB device Android thinks that you want to upload or download files, that's why ALL "music" files show. If you purchase a 3.5mm male to male patch cord and connect one end of it to the headphone jack on your smartphone and the other to the AUX jack in the Cruze, then you can play music through your stock music player on the phone through your Cruze's stereo.

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
Cw, try finding the files and putting a period in front of the name.

Example: .angrybird, .mariotheme, etc

This usually keeps players from finding but I don't have the USB so I can't confirm for you.

If you have too many to where that would be annoying, open a note pad on your pc and name it .nomedia
Save as all types (file type)
Save that file to the folder containing ringtones and reboot.

I've had that problem before but not with any current phone.

Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For my first post on the site, I decided to respond to this one. My Galaxy S3 works great in my new 2013 Cruze.

larry0071, this is assuming that you have "paired" the phone through Bluetooth with the car? and it still doesn't work?
My car is a 2012 and only connects by Bluetooth as a phone, it doesn't have the option to connect as a Bluetooth media device. I also have a 2012 Camaro 2SS with the Boston premium system and with that you have to bind the phone twice, once as a phone and again in another option menus in the radio as a Bluetooth media device.

I was told in another thread that the 12 and older Cruze doesn't have the connection box thing that the Camaro and other GM cars have.

I assume that your 13 model year is now coming with that part. Another thing is that some folks from this forum have found salvage yard Camaros and got that Bluetooth box and put it into the Cruze and gained that function. My plan is to get a 2014 Cruze or Focus and not worry about it. Until then, i accept it as is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts