Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Administrator
25,380 Posts
Here's another one - how do I get a thread to open to the end of the thread? If I have a 100 page long thread (and we get them) I don't want to wade through all the pages. I want to open on the last page.

·
Administrator
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Here's another one - how do I get a thread to open to the end of the thread? If I have a 100 page long thread (and we get them) I don't want to wade through all the pages. I want to open on the last page.
That is an excellent question.

It depends on where you are accessing the thread from in the community.

If you are in new posts, simply click the timestamp instead of the title. It will take you to the last post.

If you have clicked on the threads from a section in the forum, to the right of the title, you will see a button to jump to the latest. That will take you to the last post.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
814 Posts
Yeah, after realizing how much faster it is, that is about the only positive thing I can see. Honestly its confusing and I don't see myself spending as much time around here in the future.
?‍♂

·
Administrator
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yeah, after realizing how much faster it is, that is about the only positive thing I can see. Honestly its confusing and I don't see myself spending as much time around here in the future.
?‍♂
If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
25,380 Posts
That is an excellent question.

It depends on where you are accessing the thread from in the community.

If you are in new posts, simply click the timestamp instead of the title. It will take you to the last post.

If you have clicked on the threads from a section in the forum, to the right of the title, you will see a button to jump to the latest. That will take you to the last post.

View attachment 282912

- Cricket
Once I'm on the thread this works. I know you guys have the source code now so please add to the enhancement list to add this to the thread listings.

·
Premium Member
5,209 Posts
I felt the Similar Threads section was a very helpful tool, I don't see it now? Editing privileges only last for minutes, not an unlimited time as it always was for me. The Forum Banner is most insulting, I find the looks of the Gen 2 to be hard to take, the Gen 1 should also be featured in that picture going in the opposite direction. I always loved seeing who's online and the total amount of users. I can proudly say I was Online here when the last two records were set.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Sorry, all. New layout blows!
I'm not a fan of it either. Not quite sure what school of design it comes from, but it seems like everything takes up more space, so it take more scrolling to see stuff. Too graphic for something that fundamentally text with pictures. Too much screen real estate taken up by layout at the expense of content.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I felt the Similar Threads section was a very helpful tool, I don't see it now?
Are you seeing the "Recommended Reading" section at the bottom of the page? The titles there strike me as being similar to the thread featured on that page. That is, I took that section as a replacement for "Similar Threads".

Doug

·
Premium Member
5,209 Posts
Are you seeing the "Recommended Reading" section at the bottom of the page? The titles there strike me as being similar to the thread featured on that page. That is, I took that section as a replacement for "Similar Threads".

Doug

Yes I am, I'm not sure the recommended reading is the same as similar posts, perhaps it is and you are right.

I never understood forums that display older threads first and I haven't even mastered that here yet, but I can tell this new forum might not be for me anymore. As mentioned above this new layout takes more scrolling & clicking and on a PC it's almost impossible to use. That ex members from VBulletin wrote this dreck program is beyond me.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I'm not a fan of it either. Not quite sure what school of design it comes from, but it seems like everything takes up more space, so it take more scrolling to see stuff. Too graphic for something that fundamentally text with pictures. Too much screen real estate taken up by layout at the expense of content.
THIS

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,308 Posts
THIS

and the ability to see who posted last in a thread without entering thread.
YES - I've clicked on so many "new posts" only to find out I was the one who posted last.

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
I asked on a separate thread but no reply...Do all Premium Members now have VIP Room access?

On the previous platform VIP Room access was controlled by Moderators only.

·
Registered
446 Posts
after replying

my screen is in no mans land

i gotta scroll all the way to the bottom or top to navigate out
I think that's a mobile issue due to the "spacing concerns' You guys mentioned. On a desktop my screen barely moves at all after posting. I just posted and in another thread and my place on the screen might have shifted a quarter of an inch. That can be significant on a 5" tall screen though which would make sense.

·
Premium Member
5,209 Posts
I asked on a separate thread but no reply...Do all Premium Members now have VIP Room access?

On the previous platform VIP Room access was controlled by Moderators only.
Did you know the VIP Room was discontinued and somehow was restored, the only Badge awarded to me. Hey did you get my PM?

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Did you know the VIP Room was discontinued and somehow was restored, the only Badge awarded to me. Hey did you get my PM?
Not seeing any PM...maybe that’s gone too??

41 - 60 of 90 Posts