Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI, i have emailed WeatherTech about when the DigitalFit floor mats for the new 2016 Chevy Cruze would be released. Their answer was 8-10 weeks the mats are currently in development as we speak.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll be waiting on the weather techs as well. I would also give Husky a look. A co-worker ordered them for his vehicle and was very satisfied. If you are looking for something on the cheap that can most definitely work as a temporary or low cost solution, I picked up these. Deep dish style and they grab the sides of the floor. Obviously not as great fit as custom fit floor mats but they can be cut to size. You will in fact have to cut the backseat substantially and the drivers side slightly. The passengers side I will later tidy up but it actually fits in quite well. There are also several different t low cost alternative styles from the motor trend brand.
Cheers
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017...floor+mats&dpPl=1&dpID=51Nwd9oUI1L&ref=plSrch

·
Registered
18 Posts
I emailed Husky today about mats for the gen 2, and I was told 2-4 weeks. They have designs complete just waiting on final tooling to come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Waiting on WeatherTech as well... Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Still waiting on Huskie. This is getting ridiculous.

Wondering why the people prefer the WeatherTech over the Huskie? My past experience has been the Huskie's are less expensive and have same fit and coverage as WeatherTech. Customer service has been great with Huskie, and the ones in our minivan are 5 years old and as good as new.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts

Wondering why the people prefer the WeatherTech over the Huskie? My past experience has been the Huskie's are less expensive and have same fit and coverage as WeatherTech. Customer service has been great with Huskie, and the ones in our minivan are 5 years old and as good as new.
I bought the Husky liners for my Gen1 Cruze, the fit was not as good as the weathertech my friend bought for his cruze. Sure the husky liners general shape was fine but there was a few areas that left large gaps where it didn't conform as well as it should. When I came time to get floorliners for my Sonic I din't even consider the huskie and just bought the weather techs.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Can't beat Weathertech, but don't hold you're breath for 8-10 weeks.

When we bought our Audi Q3 which was just introduced in the US in 2015, Weathertech claimed the same. It was more closer to one year before they had them out.

·
10,712 Posts

Husky looks ugly and the anchor points were the downfall.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The weathertech mats are now available for the front row of the 2016.5+ models. Ordered them last week and they fit fine... anchor points and all.

·
10,712 Posts
You would feel they were the same between sedan, wagon, auto and manual trans. Rear on the hatch may or may not be the same. With kids the rear weather techs have proven a needed item year round.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
You would feel they were the same between sedan, wagon, auto and manual trans. Rear on the hatch may or may not be the same. With kids the rear weather techs have proven a needed item year round.
The front and rear floor mats for the gen2 are the same for Sedan and Hatch, only the hatchback trunk area is shorter than the sedan. Though I never measured, compare them side by side you sill see this difference. On my Sonic hatchback its 14inches shorter than the Sonic sedan, the cruze hatchback isn't quite that extreme but you can see it still has most of the car behind the rear wheels chopped off.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,890 Posts
I have the Huskies in my 2014 and they are now two years old this past November with no issues at all. I really like them. The warranty is better too!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts