Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys use weathertech liners? I'm thinking of getting a set for my Cruze, but not sure if it's worth spending $110 for the set of front and rear whe ice already got carpeted mats, and I keep my car vacuumed pretty regularly as it is.

·
Administrator
25,080 Posts
I have the GM all weather mats that I put in during the winter. I have a weathertech in the trunk that I keep there year round.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I have the husky liners which are similar to the weathertech ones. Reason I choose the husky liners is you get the front and rear seat and don't need to buy the rear seat separately. My cruze is on its 4th year, and the carpets look brand new.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a used set of Husky Liner fronts if you want a cheap set for the winter (which is what I use mine for). The front driver liner attachment area tore through when I tried to remove them once, it still holds in place just fine. The passenger is great since the set was only used for one winter. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I splurged and bought the package with front, rear, trunk mat, window visors and plate frames. Did I need to? Probably not. I have the floor liners in my Grand Cherokee and wish I would have gotten the all weather in it just because there is more room to move and they get slippery when wet. In the Cruze they seem to be ok since it is a tighter fit ergonomically. I went thru a couple snows and didn't have any issues. I don't know about the other brands for the rear but I do like how the liner fits over the hump. I have kids and figured since I dropped the money on this thing it would be a small investment. The rear liner is great. Everything seems to stay put even though it looks slick. Hope this gives a little insight.

·
Administrator
25,080 Posts
My all weather mats are under the trunk floor so if I get into a mud situation I can just pull them out and drop them in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the whole set of WeatherTech DigitalFit Floorliners for my 2015 Cruze and its the best purchase I could have made for the car. They fit perfectly and keep your carpet like factory new. Also as an added benefit they look really good with the jet black interior. My brother has a 2014 Cruze and he also has the full set in his as while. I fully recommend getting them, you never have to worry about mud or anything else on your shoes. My cruze is the Eco M6 and does not interfere with the clutch at all. Highly encourage you to buy you won't be disappointed in them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Do any of you guys use weathertech liners? I'm thinking of getting a set for my Cruze, but not sure if it's worth spending $110 for the set of front and rear whe ice already got carpeted mats, and I keep my car vacuumed pretty regularly as it is.
Do you live in an area that regularly gets snow? If so, I'd also recommend the WeatherTech DigitalFit Floorliners (I bought both front and rear for my 2014 Cruze LS).

- Joe

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
My all weather mats are under the trunk floor so if I get into a mud situation I can just pull them out and drop them in.
I go hiking allot in the summer so my husky liners stay in place year round. Catch all mud and can hold a significant amount of water before they will ever soak the carpets. They also did a great job when I was at the beach, poured a ton of sand out.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I like the Idea of Weathertech or Husky liners in Winter (though I haven't bought any yet for mine), but would prefer carpet during the warmer months.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Never put rubber floor mats in my 88 Supra, came with carpeted floor mats. Still look nice.

This is because I never drive it in ice, snow, or mud.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I'm cheap and went for the lesser expensive Husky liners. They fit really well. To me it is a great investment. You will not be sorry. Unless you drive barefoot and like carpet under your feet.

·
Vendor
963 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Our Cruze came standard with carpeted floor mats, dealer says they are no good and tried to sell me rubber mats for an extra 150 bucks.

To the best my my knowledge, carpeted floor mats are more expensive to manufacture then rubber ones. So why isn't the Cruze coming with cheaper rubber but far more practical floor mats? Then what do you do with those carpeted floor mats? Not much good for anything else.

Should I post this in the ask a stupid question section?

Also use to have rubber sill plates, now none at all. Does give extra traction when getting in so you don't slip and fall on your can. Another stupid question.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, not so smart after all, instead of breaking my brain studying, extra money to learn engineering. Should have develop suck up techniques with a good line of BS, and would have earned a lot more money by going into marketing.

Understand one of the perquisites to get into marketing is to have an IQ of less than 2. Wasn't even eligible because my IQ is 2.5!

·
Super Moderator
4,954 Posts
I have the Huskys also. At the time there was a good deal on the set front + rear @ $100 and I bought them for my 2011 LS now have a 2012 Eco still use same mats. No problems. Keep all the dirt and moisture off the carpet well

1 - 20 of 33 Posts