I didn't, but they all have a lip which you can get under to apply the pulling pressure.Looks great, by chance did you get any pictures of the side / backs of the pieces, or just the top. I kept passing this idea up thinking it wasn't worth the time, but after seeing it on yours, I think I will do it.
They are really tight, so tight that the paint peeled a bit when I put them back in. I used a razor blade to trim it off.I did not have very good success with the air direction knobs. Could not get them off for the life of me so I gave up before breaking them. I might try it again another day or just use a brush and hand paint them. I'll get a picture of the side up in a few.
Well, I changed my Outlet Relay back to normal so it comes one with the ignition now, but this leaves me not being able to charge the phone in the car, if the ignition is off. So I'm thinking about adding an additional, always on, outlet just for the phone.Sounds like it's time to get a relay that is wired to cone on with the ignition. It would solve that problem.