Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this information is out there, but to my understanding, the ECO trims have FORGED wheels. (forged wheels are stronger and much lighter than regular alloy or steel wheels)

I'm looking to get 18'' wheels with stickier rubber (probably Hankook Ventus V4 All-Season High Performance)

I'll be looking to keep the overall diameter of the new wheel and tire combo the same as stock (or very close).

-Not getting aftermarket forged wheels.

Those who did a similar operation, did you notice better acceleration/handling (less unsprung weight) or were the wheels heavier?

I know this by and large depends on the wheel itself and width; I will also be looking to keep this near stock amount but slightly wider.

But generally speaking, thoughts and experiences?

·
10,712 Posts
W/o searching, 17.8 lb for the wheel and 18 for the LRR tire. I know how you feel about wheel weight. If you were to hop into a LTZ and drive around town at 35 mph or below it's noticeable in the steering.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I can tell you that most people on here don't find lighter wheels without shelling out some mad cash. The wheels I have, tsw nurburgrings, are the lightest I could find under $2k at 18.5 lbs. I also moved to a 245/40-18 tire a potenza 970, the grip is far better overall. If there is any difference in acceleration from weight, its negligible. And will be until you do something major to lose weight.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Sorry if this information is out there, but to my understanding, the ECO trims have FORGED wheels. (forged wheels are stronger and much lighter than regular alloy or steel wheels)

I'm looking to get 18'' wheels with stickier rubber (probably Hankook Ventus V4 All-Season High Performance)

I'll be looking to keep the overall diameter of the new wheel and tire combo the same as stock (or very close).

-Not getting aftermarket forged wheels.

Those who did a similar operation, did you notice better acceleration/handling (less unsprung weight) or were the wheels heavier?

I know this by and large depends on the wheel itself and width; I will also be looking to keep this near stock amount but slightly wider.

But generally speaking, thoughts and experiences?

Oh. And I don't believe they're forged.. I thought they were powdered cast alloy or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts