Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Weird Blow-off Noise

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Garrettm56 
#1 ·
So the other day, my PCV valve went out in my car. I took it to the dealership to have them replace the valve, but then they went ahead and replaced the entire air manifold as well as a few hoses. I have the K&N air intake, but I'll get to that in a moment.

So, I pick the car up a day later and everything seemed fine, until I drove it a little harder. I noticed a very strange blow-off noise. (there's a video of the before and after down below) I really don't know what that sound could be. The dealership is blaming the noise on the aftermarket air intake I have, but Illegitimately don't think it is the problem. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Thank you

Here is the link to the before and after: https://goo.gl/photos/fWc2tys9T2Xnqgev5

#4 ·
Yes, all I have is the intake, but I'll definitely have them take a look at that. They wanted me to bring the OEM airbox to make sure it wasn't my air intake, but there is no way the aftermarket air intake would make that noise, but I understand they would need it for testing purposes.

#6 ·
So the other day, my PCV valve went out in my car. I took it to the dealership to have them replace the valve, but then they went ahead and replaced the entire air manifold as well as a few hoses. I have the K&N air intake, but I'll get to that in a moment.

So, I pick the car up a day later and everything seemed fine, until I drove it a little harder. I noticed a very strange blow-off noise. (there's a video of the before and after down below) I really don't know what that sound could be. The dealership is blaming the noise on the aftermarket air intake I have, but Illegitimately don't think it is the problem. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Thank you

Here is the link to the before and after: 2 new photos added to shared album
I have a 2012 Cruze Eco with the turbo charged 1.4L 4 Cylinder as well as the same after market intake and my car just started making this identical noise. A mechanic told me try replacing the air filter and after doing so, the noise remains.
This noise is also accompanied by another one. When I'm driving I noticed if I put my foot down and gas it, at about 3k to 4k rpms it gets real loud in my cabin and there's a noise that's hard to explain, mostly loud and a little metallic sounding.
Both noises came together so I'm wondering if you ever figured out what the problem was?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.