Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I'm getting this weird buzzing sound happening under acceleration. Occurs around 4600-5000rpm and doesnt occur before/after that rpm window. I've attached a video to see if you guys might have an idea what it is and if it should be something I should be worried about. It's pretty hard to get a good recording of it over the engine sound but if you turn up your volume you can hear the buzz I'm talking about. This was the best recording I could get after multiple attempts.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Tcr1DJIVzEeENKYjFEdzk5Mkk/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for any help,

Antunica

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like it's coming from drivers side. It's definitely not in the car but is in the engine bay somewhere.

·
10,695 Posts
Fuel lines on the firewall was another issue for some cars. Most the guys to respond are fast asleep by now.

Not the drivers side but did you happen to do the intake resonator bypass mod? I had issues with the airbox rubbing and had to rotate the rubber mounts a but to get it to not hit anymore.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm worried about it being the clutch/flywheel slipping or something with the turbo. It sounds kind of like a metal grinder or if you had something rubbing on fan blades while a fan is on. That's my best explanation of it without you being able to hear it

·
Administrator
25,080 Posts
So about 8078 miles... Yeah that's too soon for the fluid.
I'd swap that fluid anyway. We already know it's too low and the AMSOil fluid will provide a better shift anyway.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hey guys,

So I'm getting this weird buzzing sound happening under acceleration. Occurs around 4600-5000rpm and doesnt occur before/after that rpm window. I've attached a video to see if you guys might have an idea what it is and if it should be something I should be worried about. It's pretty hard to get a good recording of it over the engine sound but if you turn up your volume you can hear the buzz I'm talking about. This was the best recording I could get after multiple attempts.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Tcr1DJIVzEeENKYjFEdzk5Mkk/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for any help,

Antunica
Hey Antunica,

Have you considered bringing this to the attention of your local Chevy dealership? They should be able to further inspect your Cruze to see what's causing this buzzing sound. Please keep in mind that since you have modifications this may impact your current warranty. Nevertheless, please keep us posted and we're here to do what we can to help.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hey Antunica,

Have you considered bringing this to the attention of your local Chevy dealership? They should be able to further inspect your Cruze to see what's causing this buzzing sound. Please keep in mind that since you have modifications this may impact your current warranty. Nevertheless, please keep us posted and we're here to do what we can to help.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Going to take it in soon to have it looked at. There's zero chance that an intake/exhaust would cause anything to do with what is occurring however so I think I'm fine on the warrently. I'm pretty certain it's the clutch slipping at high rpms

·
10,695 Posts
Going to take it in soon to have it looked at. There's zero chance than an intake/exhaust would cause anything to do with what is occurring however so I think I'm fine on the warrently. I'm pretty certain it's the clutch slipping at high rpms
I'd still take the intake off just to rule out someone just blaming it and typing CCND (Customer Concern Not Duplicated) and move to the next car on the line.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I would return everything to stock to bring it in but the parts and tools are back home about 2hrs away so that's not really possible.

·
10,695 Posts
I would return everything to stock to bring it in but the parts and tools are back home about 2hrs away so that's not really possible.
How did it work out or did you not go in yet? anyone local to borrow an airbox from?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts