Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m experiencing weird misfires when accelerating 2nd & 3rd gear while under load between 2500-3000 rpm then it clears up. Almost like a revlimiter feel for a moment and then it clears up. It doesn’t happen every time, just sporadically. Car is bone stock with the exception of the PCV valve mod I got from a forum member here few years back, which works flawlessly. 6sp manual trans also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its either lack of spark or fuel, no codes, no CEL. Ran with passenger with scanner connected and everything was perfect as far as the computer was concerned. Fuel pressure was fine cat temperature fine. I’m thinking either bad coil pack, clogged injector(s) or maybe even bad (water in) fuel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would start with the coil but don't replace it right away. Pull your plugs one at a time and check their color. That will help you understand if it's a fuel or spark issue. On your coil pull your boots off as well and check for corrosion on the springs as well as the tops of the plugs. The stock coil is known for being somewhat junky so you may need to replace it with an MSD coil (what I ended up doing).

If you end up feeling like it's a fuel issue I would check your injectors next by running the car, unplugging the injectors on by one, and checking their volt readings with a voltmeter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought I already responded....anyway I hadn’t had CE light come on so I ran seafoam one tank and some dry gas another thinking I may have gotten a bad tank of fuel. Then it occurred again real bad and the check traction control & stabiltrak systems lights came on. Prior to that my buddy rode shotgun with his scan tool connected and everything seemed fine even when the misfires were happening. I shut off the traction control completely (holding the button down till both lights come on) and it still happened on the way into work. Thing I noticed is it only occurs after I’ve driven a bit, not right after startup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts