Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the radio in my Chevy Cruze diesel acted very oddly yesterday.

Reverse camera came on and then stayed on after I put car into drive (continued showing lve video behind me).
After a few minutes, screen showed black but display an system was frozen.

Ended up pulling the fuse to reset it.

Anyone seen that?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Sounds like it missed the message that the car had shifted out of reverse. That stuff is on the bus now where you have to catch it when it happens. Not on a wire that gives continuous status.

Edit: If I'm right, it's possible if you had simply shifted in/out of reverse it would have snapped out of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I tried stop, reversing, shifting into park. Nothing helped.

After it sat for an hour, and I restarted - the radio was still frozen but on the main screen.

It's back at the dealer for another issue - so I'll get them to look at that too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The same exact thing happened to me last evening. I've had the screen turn totally black previously but never stay stuck the reverse mode until last night. If you're able to please update with what the dealer says about the issue.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
I couldn't wait to get the MyLink, after owning a 2012, Cruze without it. Had it in my second Cruze, and it's even worse, in my 3rd. It's getting to the point that they don't update the software when the new iOS comes out and it just doesn't work with the software, correctly, anymore. Every single time, I use the steering wheel buttons to switch functions to Bluetooth streaming, the **** screen goes into "paused" and none of the play buttons on the steering wheel, or the radio, work. I have to pickup my phone and start iTunes manually. And with this new, stupid iTunes, it's not that easy to just play your library. It's like I have to fish around for it. Or I select a song and it plays that song and goes right back to paused. Such a pain in the ass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts