Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a few months of being back and forth to the dealership, I had basically had most of my engine rebuilt and a new cat installed. Since the first time the dealership had opened the engine I've had odd surging when the turbo is building boost and also loss of power when climbing hills or under load. A hill that I could normally climb at 65 in 6th gear will now leave me downshifting to 5th or even 4th to have enough power to climb it. If I leave it in 6th it just continues to lose speed. I have noticed the turbo is still spooling but sometimes sounds differently. I'm basically told "no CEL no problem." Been driving the car on the same route for the last 4 years and it is a little upsetting that no one at Chevy seems to care.

I don't know if there is a sensor I can clean, some data I can look at with an OBD2 scanner, or any other diagnostic things I can do. I don't want my warranty to run out and leave me with a car and expensive repair bills.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
You may have a massive leak from the turbo. IIRC, it doesn't set a code, but it kills your power. Check the connections to the intercooler.

Reactions: Danath256

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
Misfire would flash the CEL.

I agree with the boost leak theory - worth tracking down all of your intercooler and charge air pipe connections and making sure they're tight.

I'm honestly surprised it's not throwing at least an underboost code for being that down on power.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I know they had mentioned when the rings went bad that it had pushed a considerable amount of oil through the intercooler and all of the charge pipes but it was all "cleaned"

Thanks for the responses!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I ended up finally getting some codes. B2AAA, P00EB, P0236, P0237, P2227

I can't find any info on the first two. But that last three either seem like a turbo problem or a sensor?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
My 2013 manual doesn't list a B2AAA.
P00EB says that the Intake Air Temp reported temperatures of -76F (IAT high voltage).
P0236 indicates that either the turbo charger boost sensor is in conflict with the intake model, or the pressure is out of range when the car is NOT running.
P0237 indicates that the voltage from the turbo charger boost sensor is out of range/too low.
P2227 indicates that either the barometric sensor is in conflict with the intake model, or the value is out of range with the engine off.

The P00EB and P0237 indicate something is out of whack with those sensors. I think they are all together, maybe even a common sensor. The other codes could be caused by bad readings from those.

Taken together, I think you need to look at some wiring/connector issues.

Reactions: obermd
1 - 6 of 6 Posts