Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
We are very pleased to be a part of this community! I look forward to becoming an active, helpful member of this forum and getting to know all of you better.

I appreciate all of your support for Diode Dynamics, and I am excited to show you the products we carry for the Cruze.

Please feel free to contact us at anytime with any lighting related questions. Whether you are inquiring about our products or just want to learn more about lighting in general, we are here to help.

Click here to learn more about automotive lighting: Research

Be sure to follow us on social media for sales and product updates!
Instagram: @diodedynamics
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DiodeDynamics

Nick C.
Sales Manager
Diode Dynamics
(314) 205-3033
[email protected]

·
Registered
639 Posts
Any coupons? lol I'm sorry had too though. Welcome. Glad to see a new face too LED offerings other then...... the others. I will not name in your welcome thread. But I hope to try some of your product out very soon.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
We are very pleased to be a part of this community! I look forward to becoming an active, helpful member of this forum and getting to know all of you better.

I appreciate all of your support for Diode Dynamics, and I am excited to show you the products we carry for the Cruze.

Please feel free to contact us at anytime with any lighting related questions. Whether you are inquiring about our products or just want to learn more about lighting in general, we are here to help.

Nick C.
Sales Manager
Diode Dynamics
(314) 205-3033
[email protected]
Hey Nick, I know you guys have great stuff as I've seen it in person but do you have any photos of the Cruze you can post here so experienced/newbies can see your product? I know your website has some examples but you have such a variety but not a lot of real life examples per se. :)

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
We haven't had a Cruze in for testing in our location, but I've sold a lot of products for the Cruze. Once we move into our new space (end of this month) we will begin testing again and have more media and installation guides available. If you don't see something you are looking for, or have questions about installation, feel free to email us: [email protected] or call (314) 205-3033

If you are in the STL area, stop by and say hello!

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Off Friday, I'll see if I can't pop in for a bit. Bought some LEDs on the cheap but not a big fan and I have a lot more planned. Let's see what we can come up with (but please I don't want to be a rolling Christmas Tree!)

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
Off Friday, I'll see if I can't pop in for a bit. Bought some LEDs on the cheap but not a big fan and I have a lot more planned. Let's see what we can come up with (but please I don't want to be a rolling Christmas Tree!)
We can get you taken care of. Fridays are the best days to visit too

Nick C.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts

Nick C.
Sales Manager
Diode Dynamics
(314) 205-3033
[email protected]
I have heard of diode dynamics before and I have actually visited the website. It seems like you guys have a lot to offer for vehicles. Welcome to Cruzetalk and im sure you will get some more business from a lot of us. Im actually considering on getting more LED's. What colors do you have available?. Do you have any exotic colors?. Such as a light blue, green, pink, purple, etc..

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
I have heard of diode dynamics before and I have actually visited the website. It seems like you guys have a lot to offer for vehicles. Welcome to Cruzetalk and im sure you will get some more business from a lot of us. Im actually considering on getting more LED's. What colors do you have available?. Do you have any exotic colors?. Such as a light blue, green, pink, purple, etc..
Pretty much everything... while all colors may not be listed I'm sure they can do custom orders but you'll have to get with Nick to work that out. Keep in mind that our vehicles haven't been fitted yet, however, most of their products will fit they just don't know which ones yet. This is why they are going to be taking a Cruze into the shop.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I see you have a HID conversion kit. Since the Cruze doesn't have projector lamps how do you handle the glare created by HIDs when installed in a non-projector lamp system?

·
Registered
2014 Cruze 1LT with Tech and Convenience Pkgs.
349 Posts
Perhaps they'll produce a quality projector (hint, hint) for us to buy and use with their HID kit...

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
They source through a local company for retrofits. I'm doing a retro with mine. Not sure about complete housings but you can always go with spyder and then upgrade the interiors with their angel eyes or drl or both!

Sent from iFail Mobile

·
Registered
639 Posts
I see you have a HID conversion kit. Since the Cruze doesn't have projector lamps how do you handle the glare created by HIDs when installed in a non-projector lamp system?
What's interesting is no where on there website do they discuss in the "research" they have done the I'll effects of HID lights in halogen lights. Yet they do use a picture of a tacoma headlight that had lens melt due to known DRL issues. Interesting they would use this picture to demonstrated issues with 55w hids when it's not even an HID issue in the source photo.

Now correct me if I'm wrong on that DD but I am most certain of my assertion.

Notice the image I found via Google search of Tacoma DRL issue.

http://www.tacomahq.com/wp-content/uploads/daytime_yellowed_main.jpg

Sent from my Thumbs.

Attachments

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
What's interesting is no where on there website do they discuss in the "research" they have done the I'll effects of HID lights in halogen lights. Yet they do use a picture of a tacoma headlight that had lens melt due to known DRL issues. Interesting they would use this picture to demonstrated issues with 55w hids when it's not even an HID issue in the source photo.

Now correct me if I'm wrong on that DD but I am most certain of my assertion.

Notice the image I found via Google search of Tacoma DRL issue.

http://www.tacomahq.com/wp-content/uploads/daytime_yellowed_main.jpg

Sent from my Thumbs.
That's a known issue in the Tacoma and the bulb being pointed to is a factory 194 incandescent bulb, which generates considerably more heat than one a quality LED replacement 194's.

Also, a quality HID conversion kit using a 35 watt ballast will not damage your factory headlight housing. The 55 watt HID conversion kits other vendors sell generate considerably more heat than a 35 watt kit or factory bulb and will greatly increase the risks of damaging your housing.

The picture is just a reference to show an example of a melted housing, I'll have the caption changed.

If you would like to discuss the effects of a quality HID conversion kit in a reflector style housing, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

·
Registered
639 Posts
That's a known issue in the Tacoma and the bulb being pointed to is a factory 194 incandescent bulb, which generates considerably more heat than one a quality LED replacement 194's.

The picture is just a reference to show an example of a melted housing, I'll have the caption changed.
Wrong again, the bulb being pointed to on 2nd Gen tacomas is the Turn signal, and on the ones having the melting issue the DRL, is a 3157\4157 not a 194, the 194 is on the outer edge of the headlight and is a parking lamp.(Ask me how I know.. I own a tacoma). :)

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
Wrong again, the bulb being pointed to on 2nd Gen tacomas is the Turn signal, and on the ones having the melting issue the DRL, is a 3157\4157 not a 194, the 194 is on the outer edge of the headlight and is a parking lamp.(Ask me how I know.. I own a tacoma). :)
Right, my mistake, but it is quite common for the Tacoma nonetheless

They also use CK turn signal bulbs IIRC

We are going to design switchbacks for them at some point in the near future

Nick C.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts