Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Well...another problem. WTF.

1884 25
Hi everyone. Hope your day is better than mine. Driving home last night I heard a thud under the car. Sounded like someone hit a hammer to the under side of the car. Immediately the car lost power and began shuddering and won't shift good. Almost no acceleration, the car shudders, and shifts very odd. It will eventually get up to speed (kind of) but the car shakes and shudders very badly. No engine lights whatsoever, no oil leak, no coolant leak. I smelled the oil when I finally got home and it seemed fine Just runs horrible. Dealer can look at it next Wednesday. Hoping it's not catastrophic. I'm thinking either turbo or transmission related. But, I'll be honest, I have no friggin clue.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,011 Posts
You said it's the flexy bit that broke? Could just use a silicone elbow at that point?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah...IDK what to do. Until I take it off, it's all speculation on how to fix it. It gets pretty **** hot on that pipe and hose. So silicone or something like that has to be able to take a lot of heat. That's the pipe directly from the turbo to the intercooler. The intake side after the intercooler to the intake would not really be much of a heat problem.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well, apparently they found the part and will be installing it tomorrow.

QUESTION...should I have the other pipe also replaced at the same time? Meaning the cool side of the intercooler to the intake?

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,011 Posts
I don't think their failure really correlates - the hot side really doesn't tend to break, at least not that I recall - it usually seems like its the cold side that explodes out of nowhere. Our Cruze was a different kind of circumstance because, you know, tree. But even then, that cold-side hose didn't break until just before the car was about done.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts