Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a friendly introduction, I'm new 'round these parts. My girlfriend owns a 2013 Cruze LT with the 1.4T A/T w/44k miles. Approaching the first major maintenance milestone led me to the forums to begin learning the ins and outs of her model. I'm the owner of an '02 WRX that I thoroughly enjoy modding, tuning and hooning; meaning I spend a lot of time fixing things I have broken and I frequent the NASIOC forums learning everything I can. :eusa_clap: Proper maintenance and care of her car has been delegated to me so I will be reading and absorbing all the information I can find on the Cruze, and potentially improving upon the stock equipment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I push my Subaru hard every day, so there is frequently something that needs maintenance; which is completely fine by me, If you push them hard you must maintain them well. The Cruze is never pushed hard, she's not an aggressive driver and it's not a car I would select for a proper hoon'n. I created an account on the Chevy website to document and track maintenance and a re-call popped up for her VIN. It says she needs to have the ECU Reprogrammed. I tried to find good information on why it needed reprogrammed and I couldn't find anything from GM, only hearsay about a new tune that runs better on 87 Oct and cuts some emissions at WOT for those who live where they do DEQ testing (we do not). I'm not sure if I would be interested in having the ECU remapped; It's likely that I'll have my tuner put a pro-tune on it at some point anyways.

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
Welcome.

JJ, you're definitely not a fella. :)

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk!

·
10,712 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Checking the oil on the Cruze dipstick is way easier and less frequently needed. Oil consumption should not be the same as your WRX at any time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts