Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It happened! My worst nightmare! My baby was hit on Brush St. and Lafayette Blvd. by a girl who blew the stop sign all while looking at her phone. :angry:

Lucky for me, she only hit the front right corner of my car and the cop was right behind me witnessing the whole thing. What are the odds of that?

The officer called her out for not paying attention and not stopping at the stop sign after she denied it...idiot...

Once I got a good look at her after everything sank in, you best believe that I lost it. I cried so hard because looking at her damage devastated the **** out of me. I could not believe this happened to me, and my NEW CAR. She's going to the dealership tomorrow morning, and I'm taking the day off. It's very much needed after a day like this. I'm truly thankful that I'm okay and the driver didn't do more damage than what could of happened (like hitting my wheel well or side panel)! I did not ask if she was okay after finding out she was driving with a restricted licence! :eusa_clap:

Enjoy the pics! Thanks,

Patsy

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Bumper Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car Grille Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Automotive exterior

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
So sorry to hear Patsy.

I just told my wife and she wants to send you, and your car, a get well card.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
How dare she!

But hey, at least she didn't T-bone you. #thelittlethings

I hope you spend your day off with a nice lunch out somewhere and a big glass of wine to soothe your pain.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
At least you're ok. You got lucky there was a police right behind you so he could see the entire thing. I suspect her restricted license will now become a revoked license.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
So sorry to see this Patsy and I'm glad there was a Cop to witness this as well. I don't know the regulations on a restricted license or even Insurance concerns. You might look into getting an attorney?

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Well first & most important you are OK, cars can be replaced life's cannot be. Now that you are fine, now time to take care of your 'baby' it doesn't look like substantial damage was done, should clean up fairly easy. Possible a new front clip?

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
It happened! My worst nightmare! My baby was hit on Brush St. and Lafayette Blvd. by a girl who blew the stop sign all while looking at her phone. :angry:

Lucky for me, she only hit the front right corner of my car and the cop was right behind me witnessing the whole thing. What are the odds of that?

The officer called her out for not paying attention and not stopping at the stop sign after she denied it...idiot...

Once I got a good look at her after everything sank in, you best believe that I lost it. I cried so hard because looking at her damage devastated the **** out of me. I could not believe this happened to me, and my NEW CAR. She's going to the dealership tomorrow morning, and I'm taking the day off. It's very much needed after a day like this. I'm truly thankful that I'm okay and the driver didn't do more damage than what could of happened (like hitting my wheel well or side panel)! I did not ask if she was okay after finding out she was driving with a restricted licence! :eusa_clap:

Enjoy the pics! Thanks,

Patsy

View attachment 204489 View attachment 204497 View attachment 204505
So sad :'( Glad you're okay though, I'd probably cry as well if my car ever got hit.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts

Lucky for me, she only hit the front right corner of my car and the cop was right behind me witnessing the whole thing.

What are the odds of that?

Enjoy the pics! Thanks,

Patsy

View attachment 204489 View attachment 204497 View attachment 204505

The odds would have to be Astronomical of having a peace officer witness a dimwitted cell phone freak run a Stop sign and push yer front Bumper in ..

You sure you didn't tell the girl hey we have Bluetooth now ?

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I think I'm just echoing sentiments here, but, I'm glad you're alright. Definitely could have been worse.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Patsy, so sorry to hear about the accident, I had a 14 Eco manual and I hit a deer last Fall and was like $4600 in damage, was able to drive home, but the repairs were done and car looked great, no one could tell and I am very picky, my car was black too. I traded for a 15 CTD and love it. You sound like some of us that our cars are sort of part of our family like a dog.

i was at he grocery last week and this old ford ranger had accidently backed into a brand new Buick Verano, the dude that did it was standing there waiting for the owner, it did a quite a bit of damage had a hitch and ball that went right thru the bumper and grill. I happen to be walking out just as the lady was putting her groceries in car, she was very upset, I spoke to her and said the man will be here soon then he appeared from somewhere and tried to console her. Accidents happen and never fun to deal with, just glad your ok and no question who is at fault, please post pics when your car is repaired and looks awesome again.

·
Registered
189 Posts
sorry to hear this happened, but at least your ok. now that that is out of the way you can enjoy the car i am still going crazy waiting for the first scratch
:sad010:
I bought a 2013 Cruze a couple of months ago that "was" in pristine condition. A couple of weeks ago I went out to the car and there was this DENT in the driver's door! The wife went shopping and must have parked next to someone who flung their door open and smacked my door. The pain went right to my core! But, I'm over it now (almost) and I need to just let it go and move on. The thing is it's the driver's door. I'm going to look at it every time I get in the car. Couldn't have happened on the passenger side.....no, it has to be right there in my face every time. Well, I thought I was over it!

I'm ok.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I bought a 2013 Cruze a couple of months ago that "was" in pristine condition. A couple of weeks ago I went out to the car and there was this DENT in the driver's door! The wife went shopping and must have parked next to someone who flung their door open and smacked my door. The pain went right to my core! But, I'm over it now (almost) and I need to just let it go and move on. The thing is it's the driver's door. I'm going to look at it every time I get in the car. Couldn't have happened on the passenger side.....no, it has to be right there in my face every time. Well, I thought I was over it!

I'm ok.
I had a 2005 Cadillac Deville I bought from a widow with low miles and had a dent in the driver door, I had paint less dent repair done on that dent and around the rest of the car with small ones, it turned out great. Just an idea.

Reactions: Tomko

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
i had a 2005 cadillac deville i bought from a widow with low miles and had a dent in the driver door, i had paint less dent repair done on that dent and around the rest of the car with small ones, it turned out great. Just an idea.
pdr ftw!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion.
i got a referral from a buddy of mine that works at a Porshce dealer, find someone with a great reputation. Also might wait until you have more than just one dent. It is an amazing process to be honest. Good luck.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The odds would have to be Astronomical of having a peace officer witness a dimwitted cell phone freak run a Stop sign and push yer front Bumper in ..

You sure you didn't tell the girl hey we have Bluetooth now ?
Bluetooth doesn't text!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you everyone for the best wishes for myself and my Cruze. Just waiting on the claims agent to call me so we can get her as good as new! Will post pics once she is done and back to her normal self. Until then, I'll continue to get all teared up looking at her outside knowing she isn't looking her best.

--Patsy

1 - 20 of 32 Posts