Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my setup..in my 1.8 LS
Stock manifold - stock down pipe
2.5" pipe in place of secondary cat>
2.5" pipe to a Vibrant resonator>
2.5" pipe to exhaust tip

So I have no secondary cat and only a performance resonator. As I suspected, it sounds too ricey around 3k and I need to tone it down. I will eventually be doing headers and match up ALL piping to be 2.5"
I have a trifecta tune and can have it adjusted to accommodate the catless setup.

A couple of options I am considering to tone down the 'fart'..
Putting another resonator in (bullet style)
Putting a small high flow cat 2.5" where the stock secondary cat was
Brand suggestions on either of the above options?

Your thoughts are appreciated

Nick

·
Registered
625 Posts
Throw a magnaflow muffler on there imo. Had a standard magnaflow on my straight pipe civic with a magnaflow res and had no rasp at all. Actually got alot of complements on how it sounded. If it can take the rasp out of a honda it can take the rasp out of anything lol.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have any part number suggestions?
My vibrant res is a decent size, which is why I'd prefer a drop in 'bullet' style, like a magnaflow resonator.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm.

Good thoughts. I have been looking at Vibrant bottle style res, magnaflow 10416 round muffler, and dynomax race bullet muffler. They are from 16" to 24".

I just want to get rid of that frappines and drone, otherwise the seat of the pants meter seems good with no cat in place.
I already have a 'ultra-quiet' resonator in place, so I think a small muffler is a better choice than adding another resonator.

I'm leaning towards the dynomax race bullet, gives a 4db decrease, and it's leaner than a magnaflow round muffler. I just don't want this to still be too aggressive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts