Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a drive this past weekend out in the country so i could go take a hike. It was great weather and drove with all the windows down and in manu-matic mode all the way.

Went through some winding roads and had tons of fun driving and hiking. Didn't think about driving with fuel economy in mind at all. Just enjoying the weather and the day.

I had to fill up before I left. DIC said I went 119 miles on 2.9 gallons of gas. Not bad 41.03 MPG. I will take it I know it isn't eco mileage territory but it is nice to have a car that is fun to drive and isn't a beast around twists and turns and doesn't burn tons of gas. My car is finally to starting to feel like a pair jeans. Just getting broken in and getting real comfortable.
The recall programming about a year and a half ago helped with that a ton. I wish they had the programming like this when I bought the car new. Ever since that programming recall my cruze has been a different animal. I have been finding myself driving in manual mode a lot lately. I like driving in manual mode around the city. That way the car stays in gear and is a lot easier to drive and control in the city.

Anyway I am rambling but just wanted to share. Now if mother nature would be nicer to my car and stop hailing and throwing trees at it all will be good.

·
2,254 Posts
Lol!

Yeah it is fun to throw around curves. I drive roads to work that would make West Virginia look straight, always makes me smile.

My Transmission is acting up again. Not only is it flare shifting, it's jerking pretty hard on down shifts. So much so that the plastic in the interior makes the cracking noise like your going over bumps. It doesn't happen all the time, but I can see this whole thing progressively getting worse.

Oh well. Drive it until It explodes into smithereens!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
635 Posts
Drive mine to Springfield mass, st johnsbury vermont, and all western parts of New Hampshire a few times a year o is it family and ride my four wheeler, that drive from eastern New England down I93 is beautiful, Cruze control, no traffic, just smooth driving and the radio, I get my best mpg there, 37.4 roughly. 2011 ltz 1.4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
2,168 Posts
Very nice! If you have the means to do so, next time you're in the market for another vehicle, I'd highly recommend a manual transmission. If you enjoy the sensation of driving and you enjoy being in charge of the gears, there's nothing like a clutch. It's a very rewarding feeling. I'll never go back to an automatic. Except for when I get a truck, can't get those properly equipped and a manual. Glad you're having fun with your Cruze and it certainly does get excellent fuel mileage, even when you're not being careful, even though it's boosted, it's only got 1,364cc of displacement!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts