Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ditching this New England humidity and headed to Ron Burgundy's home town of San Diego w/ the lady friend for 2 weeks. So pumped.

Leaving the Cruzer alone at home for 14 days...any thing I should do to prep it for 2 weeks of no running? Silly question I know.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
For a short layup like that….just walk away, it'll be fine.

No different than when it sat on a dealer lot for weeks and weeks.

Have a good time in Cali.

Rob

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Remove everything from the car that isn't nailed down and lock the car. If you can, put it in a garage to protect it from hail. Basically common sense and enjoy your trip.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually Mike, heading your way for like 4 days in the middle of the trip. Fun stff to do in Denver? Coors & Hiking are our only pre-planned ideas.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
What are you interested in? We also have white water rafting.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What are you interested in? We also have white water rafting.
I love physical activies, awesome views, and beer...which is why I only had those 2 ideas haha. Not sure I could convince the girlfriend to white water raft though. We're already hitting the SD Zoo, so 2 Zoos in one trip is a bit much. Any cool museums, sites, big shop areas...I tend to go 50/50 on the super-touristy stuff and the backdoor local stuff.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Denver is one of the brewpub capitals of the world and there are a lot of them. I know you can't get good Mexican food in New England so if you're up to that let me know and I'll send you some good restaurants. For views, Garden of the Gods down in Colorado Springs. How long will you be in Denver?

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you steal our diaries? We love Brewpubs and Mexican food...and Garen of the Gods just sounds awesome. We'll be there for 4 days, but 1 is a wedding.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Red Rocks Amphitheatre is a beautiful venue to see a show. I visited Colorado years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Rocks_Amphitheatre

My sad story is that I missed the U2 "under a blood red sky" recording by a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA_4O4cexXc

here is another...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL6FPMjZhAc

Of course, the entire movie is great if you like U2. I especially like the opening where there is irish music being played before the concert by Clannad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BrJ_2xf8Rg

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Coors is a free tour. If you're in Golden during the day and are interested in a good Mexican restaurant take a look at El Dorado Mexican Restaurant (el-dorado-restaurant). Slightly off the beaten path but I've eaten there several times for lunch.

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
I made that trip myself a while ago before my Cruze. Did it in a 2002 Olds Alero. Took 2 weeks of course I stopped and saw everything along the way: Rt 66, The canyon, cousin in LA and headed north to catch I 70 back. Wife wanted to go to Cali for vacation, So I said sounds like a nice drive and I never heard the end of that. Nice drive to airport. LOL Have fun !

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
Leaving the Cruzer alone at home for 14 days...any thing I should do to prep it for 2 weeks of no running? Silly question I know.
I think there's a transport mode that might be a good idea to turn on. Minimize the drain on the battery for those 2 weeks. Worst case, you might come back to a bad battery that will no longer take a charge.

To turn the Transport Mode On/Off:
1. Start the engine
2. Activate the hazard flashers
3. Press the brake pedal
4. Press and hold the Start/Stop button (if equipped) or turn the ignition key to the crank position for 15 seconds (Don't worry, the computer controls the actual starter - attempting to start an already running Cruze won't hurt it.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I think there's a transport mode that might be a good idea to turn on. Minimize the drain on the battery for those 2 weeks. Worst case, you might come back to a bad battery that will no longer take a charge.

To turn the Transport Mode On/Off:
1. Start the engine
2. Activate the hazard flashers
3. Press the brake pedal
4. Press and hold the Start/Stop button (if equipped) or turn the ignition key to the crank position for 15 seconds (Don't worry, the computer controls the actual starter - attempting to start an already running Cruze won't hurt it.
How do you take the Cruze out of transport mode? Start the engine, or is there a special sequence used here as well?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts