Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
I considered doing this and still may, but I will have mine mounted under the hood as I do not want fuel in the cabin. .
I learned, from someone else's misfortune, not to run an oil line into the cabin (but to use an electronic oil pressure gauge). For sure, I wouldn't want a fuel line running into the cabin.

Doug

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Update: Analog gauge on the fuel rail shows same pressure. Interesting point, when I pop the hood the pressure goes down visibly, I can watch it on the gauge. So its the engine heat expanding the fuel. Checked oil level, it's fine. Plugs are dry on the tips. At this point I am probably going to believe it is some oddity and live with it. I have ordered some new injectors, the Siemens 60lb. I will pull the plugs again and check up on this once those are installed and tuned in as well as when I burn the rest of the tank and the fuel system cleaner bottle I put in out.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,936 Posts
Update: Analog gauge on the fuel rail shows same pressure. Interesting point, when I pop the hood the pressure goes down visibly, I can watch it on the gauge. So its the engine heat expanding the fuel. Checked oil level, it's fine. Plugs are dry on the tips. At this point I am probably going to believe it is some oddity and live with it. I have ordered some new injectors, the Siemens 60lb. I will pull the plugs again and check up on this once those are installed and tuned in as well as when I burn the rest of the tank and the fuel system cleaner bottle I put in out.
I am also looking at the 60lb injectors. You will for sure need the tune for them as the fuel pump will need to be modulated to a lower feed rate to operate the injectors correctly.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I am also looking at the 60lb injectors. You will for sure need the tune for them as the fuel pump will need to be modulated to a lower feed rate to operate the injectors correctly.
Yes sir, already sent Jerry a ticket for an update :)

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I

I considered doing this and still may, but I will have mine mounted under the hood as I do not want fuel in the cabin. I may put a second electronic one in the cabin if I think it will help me later.
I looked at the torque app today.

Looks like you wouldn't want to risk running a gauge. Or need a gauge. Just use an obd gauge.

The pump operates around 60.
The fuel rail runs at 500 idle to 3000 with throttle.

That's according to torque. I haven't verified that the pid is correct yet. So I won't swear that info to be entirely accurate.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I looked at the torque app today.

Looks like you wouldn't want to risk running a gauge. Or need a gauge. Just use an obd gauge.

The pump operates around 60.
The fuel rail runs at 500 idle to 3000 with throttle.

That's according to torque. I haven't verified that the pid is correct yet. So I won't swear that info to be entirely accurate.
The Gen 1 cars are not direct inject correct? If they're standard port injection there's no way in hell the fuel rail should be at 500-3000psi. The fuel rail will be whatever pump pressure is. The Gen 2 cars are DI so the secondary injection system is super high pressure like that.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
The Gen 1 cars are not direct inject correct? If they're standard port injection there's no way in hell the fuel rail should be at 500-3000psi. The fuel rail will be whatever pump pressure is. The Gen 2 cars are DI so the secondary injection system is super high pressure like that.
True.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Did you perform a cylinder pressure/leakdown test? That would rule out leaks in the cylinders (specifically from the pistons or rings being cracked). You could also have a slightly leaking head gasket, letting water from the block get inside, washing the little bit of oil in there and making it look like it's all oil, but it's clearly not, and considering your plugs are dry, and water will burn off hella quick, could be a possibility.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Did you perform a cylinder pressure/leakdown test? That would rule out leaks in the cylinders (specifically from the pistons or rings being cracked). You could also have a slightly leaking head gasket, letting water from the block get inside, washing the little bit of oil in there and making it look like it's all oil, but it's clearly not, and considering your plugs are dry, and water will burn off hella quick, could be a possibility.
Good call out, I did not, I’d have to buy the tool. Coolant levels in the tank are untouched for sure. Made a small sharpie mark on it. I’m not opposed to testing it though. Would there be any traces in the exhaust or smells?

·
Registered
193 Posts
If it was bad enough yes. But if it was bad enough to where you noticed smoke from a leaking head gasket, you would notice other things too (coolant loss, overheating, etc). It may be small, but it's at least worth checking to rule it out. You can rent leakdown kit from any good auto parts store. It's free. Just leave a deposit and they will give it back when you are done. You want each cylinder to be within like, 5-10 psi of each other (10 being on the high end). You are looking for uniformity between them. Two adjacent cylinders with really low pressure, probably head or head gasket, single or random ones low, likely cracked piston or ring, maybe cracked cylinder wall (which probably is not the issue as you would have WAY more liquid in there if so). Again, it's free to check and at least you can rule it out before taking it to a mechanic and takinng their word for it. A shop manual should tell you what they should be at and the tolerances therein.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Leak-down test has been completed. Boy, that was fun getting the pistons to stay at TDC, the air would force them back down. I ended up using the dipstick and holding my fingers on it as I cranked the crankshaft pulley, when it stopped moving up ever so slightly I would usually have success. Values are as follows (I see nothing wrong here):

81 - 92 of 92 Posts