Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
So, I have an update. After driving for a full tank, I've noticed my average gas mileage has risen by about 20% if not more. Ever since I bought my car (less than a year old and Chevy Certified) I was always a bit disappointed by my gas mileage. I would average maybe 23-26MPG when doing the math at the pump (I find the measurement in the cluster is always higher), but thought it's because I drive mostly city and can be a bit aggressive w/ the gas and braking. After my brake job, I'm averaging closer to 30MPG which tells me that from the time my car left the dealer my brakes were already rubbing pretty severely which explains the terribly lopsided front brake pads. My latest fill up (picture below), puts me at 31.26MPG (but I did about 100 miles on open highway). Even in the city my instrument cluster is reading closer to 30. I'll have to check again on my next fill up since I will probably be doing more city this tank, but I already see a pretty big difference. Now I'm just thinking of all the gas I wasted and pads I burned for no good reason... View attachment 289170
Brake drag will do that lol.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i get around 35-36 mpg in my cruze and i would say about 75% highway 25% streets

·
Registered
257 Posts
oh my bad eh! lol

us mpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
i get around 35-36 mpg in my cruze and i would say about 75% highway 25% streets
I get just about the same with the same type of driving. Waaaaay better than my last ride.
Took a trip to CT a few weeks ago and got almost 600 miles to a full tank.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bumping this thread because I just put my winter tires on for the season and noticed the exact same thing happening on my driver's front corner. It was still subtle, but I re-greased both sides. For reference, my Cruze is just over two years old and I just rolled 30,000 miles.

There were no other indications of an issue. No excessive dust, heat, noise, performance, etc.

I also had been battling every diminishing mileage over the summer, but I was attributing it to heavy AC use, and a poor choice of tire/wheel selection. But the last few days my mileage was abysmal. For my commute, I was seeing low 60s (diesel life) on stock tires and mid 50s on my summers, but the last few days I was struggling to stay above 45.

Unfortunately I've now changed two variables at once, but hopefully they drive into work Monday returns to the 60's.

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
If one caliper was bad other being so isn’t uncommon especially in snow and salt. Here in USA rebuilt calipers are relatively cheap

21 - 27 of 27 Posts