Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, long story short I had to remove my front right tire because I bottomed out last year and killed my front bumper..... aka was a zip tie technician today, anyways as I was doing this I noticed my second ( midpipe) O2 sensor was mysteriously unplugged..... last year I installed zzp's downpipe but at no point was I near that sensor..... can anyone with a 2011 RS take a look for me if you can and see if yours is unplugged or did I just have a faulty clip.

I even got a recall this morning for an emissions recall?? saying that it wont pass an emissions test?... they have to reprogram the ECU? im confused....

·
Premium Member
7,776 Posts
I even got a recall this morning for an emissions recall?? saying that it wont pass an emissions test?... they have to reprogram the ECU? im confused....
I think that's the one that came out this month for all 2011 - 2013 Cruze. First I've heard that will cause individuals to fail an emissions test. I thought it was for emissions compliance at the corporate level.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless I read it wrong (which is 80% possible, lol) it said I would fail.... Its going in as soon as shes back on insurance ! thanks man

I think that's the one that came out this month for all 2011 - 2013 Cruze. First I've heard that will cause individuals to fail an emissions test. I thought it was for emissions compliance at the corporate level.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
It'll pass emissions without the recall......do get that O2 plugged in though.....

The recall is a result of the car being slightly out of compliance (rich) at wide open throttle.....a situation that is not tested for emissions.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plugged it in asap as i found out it had been unplugged, car seemed louder for some odd reason. it was a short 5 km drive around my sub division anyways but still, maybe the clip broke or something, thanks though!

\\
It'll pass emissions without the recall......do get that O2 plugged in though.....

The recall is a result of the car being slightly out of compliance (rich) at wide open throttle.....a situation that is not tested for emissions.

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts