Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all season tires are you taking into the snow this winter? I know some don't get much snow so they keep their all seasons. What all seasons do you recommend for the Cruze in, say, pennsylvania? And just for fun, What all seasons tires are on you car right now, not counting winter? What do you like and why?

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,204 Posts
Yes, if I recall.

And the answer is: none.

Xice Xi3s for both cars that see winter.

·
Super Moderator
4,992 Posts
Where do you live and what kind of winters you get there. Continental True Contacts for Cincinnati

·
Super Moderator
4,992 Posts
Didn't you start a thread just yesterday about Tires and their seasons?
Eddy are you saying this is a duplicate post? If so lets delete the other one!

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Where do you live and what kind of winters you get there. Continental True Contacts for Cincinnati
I ran these tires last year and going into this year with them as well. I was very pleased with these in the little bit of snow that we got last year. I am near Youngstown Ohio.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have the stock Hankooks for winter this season, if I still had my Gen 1 I would get the True Contacts, my wife's CRV has them and they are awesome. But they are not available that I can find in 205/55/16 for the Gen 2

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
First , Eddy, that was about all seasons in the snow, this is me asking what all seasons people have on their car RIGHT NOW and are not going to put winter tires on.
Second, those were replies on another's thread, this is MY Thread.
Third Patman, "What all seasons do you recommend for the Cruze in, say, pennsylvania? " I live in PA.

Also, I am asking for help and wanting to know what others have, Why do you come and be a jerk, Eddy. Why didn't you LIST YOUR TIRES you have now EDDY? Instead of being a jerk and asking for my posts on another persons thread to be deleted and not inputing any help whatsoever. Thanks not contributing in any way Eddy .

What all seasons do you all have on your car right now???

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks MP81 for the info about the XICE tires. I wont be buying winter tires but if I do, I will look into them or the Continental as recommended by Patman which are all seasons i believe but excel in snow vs other all seasons. I love cruze talk and am always reading on here. I rarely post and the time I do, Eddy ruins the experience. Thanks for the input Neile , I used Nokias on my cavaliers and they were great. I dont drive much in the snow so I will not be buying snow tires. I just want a good all season tire that doesnt suck very very bad in the snow. Currently looking at Goodyear triple treds, and comfortred , and Fuelmax,

·
Premium Member
4,204 Posts
I'd avoid the Fuel Maxes in snow. Granted, we avoided putting them in the snow at all right away (since LRR tire = not usually good in snow), but there was one time my wife got caught in snow (a late-winter snow storm after I had changed to the spring/summer/fall setup) and she was not thrilled with how they worked.

·
Super Moderator
4,992 Posts
I agree with MP81, as I remember you are in PA with an LT with FR 710s. They are questionable at best for snow The Fuel Maxs are good for the Eco and that type of car not good in snow and as I told you in my PM, I am considering replacing the 710s on my son's car with the True Contacts I have on RS. Yea and Eddy seems to like to take shots at people I know I have heard it all with some of the stuff I have been thru.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,707 Posts
I agree with MP81, as I remember you are in PA with an LT with FR 710s. They are questionable at best for snow The Fuel Maxs are good for the Eco and that type of car not good in snow and as I told you in my PM, I am considering replacing the 710s on my son's car with the True Contacts I have on RS. Yea and Eddy seems to like to take shots at people I know I have heard it all with some of the stuff I have been thru.
FR710 are sketchy as heck in snow. They'll get you going fine, but you CANNOT stop on the things.

·
Premium Member
4,204 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
I do not take shots at you Patman as anything directed with your rock or the accident was out of pure concern along with amazement. I noticed what I thought to be the same post in 4 other threads about Tire Seasons, a topic which has been discussed many times in the past, as you know by looking below or doing a search. But to be called names by the O/P:growup:

·
Super Moderator
4,992 Posts
I do not take shots at you Patman as anything directed with your rock or the accident was out of pure concern along with amazement. I noticed what I thought to be the same post in 4 other threads about Tire Seasons, a topic which has been discussed many times in the past, as you know by looking below or doing a search. But to be called names by the O/P:growup:
Don't worry about it Eddy, I don't really think too much about it. We are just here and having a good time about it and we are all one big "family". Sometimes I don't like to be reminded of the stupid stuff I do and that I did it!!! I was trying to make the OP feel a little better about how we kid around since I know he knows I have been here for a while.
It's all good. As they would say in the 70s(if you are old enough to remember) Peace brother!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I am sorry for calling you a jerk eddy. I was just frustrated and have some health problems right now that do not help dealing with people. I know about tire seasons. I know winter tires are all better than all seasons. I even said that. I said I am looking for an all season that has great wet and dry performance but doesn't suck very very bad in snow (stock FR710 anyone?). Some all seasons are better than others in snow. That is what I am looking into. Michelin Premier A/S are what I am looking at now. I was on the wrong mindset anyways as when it snows I am able to just stay home. So because of this, I should focus on noise, comfort, and traction in wet and dry and less on snow. I have problem communicating what I am thinking to others. I will be looking at the Mich. Premier A/S, Trucomfort Conts. and other tires that are a little less noise and same or better traction wet/dry/snow than the FR710's. Thank you all so much for your input. Also, Eddy what tires do you have on your car winter and summer I really want to know. You posted twice here, and none on the other thread and I never mention them. I would like to see what you use as well. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Premier+A/S&partnum=16HR6PREAS

Don't think I mentioned this. I have a 2012 Cruze 1LT 1.4l automatic with stock FR710's with 2/32 inch of tread approximately with almost 48,000 miles on them. Bought the car in march 2013 with 30,000 miles on. (yeah I dont drive much , health has not been well)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
This is exactly what I am trying to say , 4 different all season tires, all good wet and dry performance cept one, but one really sucked in the snow. I think the Michelin Premier is what I will be getting unless someone has them and hates them and has input.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pwQ9pc4Ep8 (Snow test on tire rack)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvxj5qJEUFA ( dry and wet test )
Purecontacts either beat them or matched them and I am looking at them as well but they did have less handling in the snow and ice tests and the Premiers did the best in the ice.

·
Registered
435 Posts
This is exactly what I am trying to say , 4 different all season tires, all good wet and dry performance cept one, but one really sucked in the snow. I think the Michelin Premier is what I will be getting unless someone has them and hates them and has input.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pwQ9pc4Ep8 (Snow test on tire rack)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvxj5qJEUFA ( dry and wet test )
Purecontacts either beat them or matched them and I am looking at them as well
I had the PureContacts before my Bridgestone Turanzas. They are phenomenal in terms of traction, especially in the few times I had them in the snow. However, they ride rough and only lasted me 10k (perfect alignment and rotations).

As for those Michelins, I think they are overpriced. Especially when you factor that they only come with 9/32nds of tread (most tires come with 11/32nds or 12/32nds). That means IMO they are already half worn out since you should really replace tires at 4/32nds. While I have not owned those particular tires, we have had other models of Michelins that weren't worth the money (Defender and Latitude Tour). All you have to do is scour the web and search for Michelin dry rot.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts