Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
I know you don't like their low treadwear rating DECruzer, but I just had a lot of fun this weekend during the major snowstorm in Missouri with my Quatracs :) Even SUVs were following in my path.

I felt really bad for the other Gen 1 Cruze I had seen earlier and hope they had good tires on it. But given the large gap the driver was keeping between her and the vehicle in front, I don't think so.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have been driving around with the General altimax rt43's in H speed rating ( the second one up, not lowest speed rating or highest). I love them, perfect traction on dry and wet and have had no problems in the snow! I would recommend them to everyone! Took a year to finish research but was so worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 LT, and I have been looking at either the Continental TrueContact or the Goodyear FuelMax. I bought the car with 43K miles on it 6 months ago with Hankooks on the front and the stock Firestones on the back. The Firestones actually look to be a bit better shape than the Hankook. After reading this thread, I might be going with the TrueContacts since we haven't had a lot of snow the last 2 years here in Southwest Indiana.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Continental Extreme Contact DWS06s on both. They are like cheating, they grip in the summer, and act like a semi snow tire in the winter.

Granted we have had no snow this year, again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also looking at the Goodyear Assurance Maxlife tires which are better rated than the FuelMax tires. I am a fan of Goodyear while the last set of Integrity I bought on a 2005 Bonneville left a lot to be desired, but that was a car which was also hard on a set of Uniroyals that were on it. I had a set of Uniroyals that lasted 90K miles on a 2011 Corolla but were loud. I am thinking the Maxlifes will be a much better tire than those Integritys were.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I took my stock tires from 2017 with only ~8k on them through this winter and they SUCKED. Just bought wheels with Kumho summer tires though. Going to get a good set of snows for the stock wheels.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
I bought a set of 4 MRF Wanderers to replace my OEM tires and I immediately noticed a better grip in the CRUZE. These things are from India, and they are quality cheap tires. I suggest everyone to at least consider these. A full changeover cost me $155 with Tax, not including mounting.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts