Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What are the worst modifications you've seen done to a Chevy Cruze?

13K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  sparkman 
#1 ·
What are the worst modifications you've seen done to a Chevy Cruze?

#2 ·
#3 ·
#9 ·
Gather, you can call this a modification.

A 2012 Cruze, driver was killed whose body was also modified.
Oh my.... Is there any more information on this? Was the driver wearing a seatbelt? What caused such a terrible crash?

Three people were killed instantly in Nashville recently in a horrible wreck on I-65. They were all wearing their seatbelts but the impact of the crash was so violent it didn't matter. An altima crossed over the median and collided with a Lacrosse. The altima flipped over the Lacrosse and ended up in the median. Don't forget that driving is one the most dangerous things we do on a frequent basis. Pay attention folks, and drive defensively. AND SERIOUSLY STOP TEXTING, I'm tired of sitting at green lights for no reason, just focus on driving.

2 men, woman killed in crash on I-65 North in Millersville | WKRN News 2

#11 ·
I added some "chrome" trim to my BGM Eco. Too much black up front for my liking. Trim went on the fog light covers.

#15 ·
It's actually the ultimate in Anti-theft devices.

What self respecting thug or car their would be caught near much less IN that?

Reactions: spaycace and obermd
#16 · (Edited)
Pepto Bismol anyone?

Funny how you can see a VW dealership in the background though. And here I felt sorry for their "dieselgate" scandal. Not anymore!

#19 ·
Ha, find it better to be anonymous, bad enough having a license plate that gives away your state, and fresh meat when you drive out of state. Removed all that dealer stuff off all of my vehicles, gives away your town.

Ha, would like to get one of those James Bond cars where you can push a button to change to the license plate in the state you are driving.

Ha, driving my Supra when it was brand new wasn't too much fun, could get a speeding ticket when parked. More fun today, when its old and next to worthless.

#21 ·
Try having Colorado tags in Nebraska. Apparently all Nebraska police think that every car coming out of Colorado is carrying marijuana.

#26 ·
Added my own splash shields to my Cruze, use to call these mud flaps, but stone shields is more like it. Wouldn't need these if they flared out the rear of the fenders.

Added plastic side moldings, yeah only good for other small cars, no protection from pickups or SUVs, but at least some protection. Side moldings are history for practically all vehicles, really noticed this on many vehicles without them with all kinds of dents in the doors.

Never even notice door sill plates were missing until I first washed the car, scratch marks on the paint, so added sill plates.

Installed chrome tire valve caps with a neoprene seal on the inside, cheapass plastic ones don't have these, salt water can get in corroding the valves, want an arm and a leg for these things.

Weird these come with more expensive carpeted floor mats, just went with 27 buck a set mats that when they getting dirty, pitch them and replace them. I wanted black, wife was along, she wanted tan to match the interior, but they are black anyway because we walk on hot asphalt that sticks to our shoes. Next to impossible to keep clean, but at least the carpeted ones that came with it are still clean.

We still have weather strip on our windshield to keep water from freezing up expanding into ice that can crack the windshield, but see in later models, Chevy got rid of those, Toyota already left those out, so ran away from a Camry, but plan on running away from the Cruze as well, next time. Plus can't get a MT in a 2LT.

What will they leave off next?

#27 ·
Ha, another story, had problems with my 16 year old son with a heavy foot, had my 65 Buick at that time. Needed a part for it from the wrecking yard when we could go back there, can't anymore. Asked my son to come along, found one exactly like ours, but experience a headon.

Front end was all smashed in, windshield was broken like a body flew through it and blood was all over the place. Just need a piece off the trunk, could buy a piece back then, not the whole car.

This was completely unintentional, but when my son saw that and all that blood, he really slowed down. Didn't have to say a word. Been a good driver ever since, gee, today, he is older than me!

#30 ·
Watched this girl driving a Cruze, run a red light, and get modified by an F-150 today.
Vehicle Mode of transport Traffic Road Car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.