Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
I use this stuff from sonus trim & motor kote & wheel wells. On the engine plastic I have tried turtle synthetic ice wax too w/ good results. I just got the master set of griots & I was sad it didn't come w/ engine clear but will buy it to try it.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I use chemical guys products for all my vehicle detailing (foam cannon, washing, polishing, sealing, waxing, and interior). They have hundreds of videos on Youtube showing how to detail with their products and I can say it has taught me enough that I'm making extra money doing it now. Unfortunately I've been overseas for a few months and have a few more to go till I can get back home and work on the cruze.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
I use AutoGlym Engine & Machine detailer, even works wonders on all my hand tools.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
DDMworks.com fabricates a beautiful heatshield out of stainless, $130USD looks very nice and simple I want lol

Water and a soft cloth. Still looks like new. Although I am starting to get some deterioration on the turbo heat shield. If anyone has ideas for making that look new, I would love to hear it.

Some of the tape started getting hard and peeling. I found this stuff on Amazon. It looks identical to the tape used on the engine wiring.
Amazon.com: Tesa Black High Heat Wire Loom Harness Tape Used By Mercedes BMW VW Audi: Home Improvement

Reactions: dhpnet

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Yeah I'm not a big engine detailer I usually just clean whatever plastics are removable, I have a buddy who powerwashes his bay with a ton of soap too!!.. that cant be healthy lol!

Clean the engine compartment? Nope not unless there is a massive leak or spill.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Heavy Detergents upon the engine and electrical connections are highly unadvisable ...that stuff dissolves the grease inside the electrical connections . Dries out rubber seals . Deteriorates seals ..

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
thx Brian, I'm going to show my buddy this thread LOL

Heavy Detergents upon the engine and electrical connections are highly unadvisable ...that stuff dissolves the grease inside the electrical connections . Dries out rubber seals . Deteriates seals ..

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I use gunk or Amsoil de-greaser on open and big dirt areas that are easy to get to and easy to spray without getting a lot of other stuff wet and then after that sits for about 15 minutes I hose it off very gently being very careful where I spray and then I use detailing spray and microfiber cloth on anything I can reach. Been doing this for years and never had a problem. Our mazda 3 is 9 years old and the engine compartment still looks new. Then I spray de-greaser on the bottom of the engine and hose it off after about 15 minutes of soaking.

I try to do this in the spring and fall but sometimes just once a year depending if it is dirty and looks bad.
In fact I am due to do this on our Mazda 3. Thanks for the reminder. :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Adam's Vinyl,Rubber,& Tire (VRT) for the things that I can get to easy. Adam's In & Out spray for the hard to reach places. That stuff is amazing!

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
So far, just a little hose spray to get off the dust on a cold engine. Good to remove that decorative engine cover, if water fills the spark plugs, won't start, can be blown out with an air compressor, but kind of stay away from that area. What really needs cleaned is that bug collector of a condenser, haven't addressed this age old problem since the 1903 Buick.

Ha, when my kids were bringing their friends cars over for me to look at, told them where to go to town to get their engines steam cleaned first if they wanted me to look at them. With just about every kind of fluid and sludge all over the place, everywhere, impossible to tell where a leak is coming from. And if you touch anything, could be contaminated for life. Ha, fortunately, most of my kids friends never came back.

FAA regulations are very strict for keeping a spotless engine, no such regulations for land vehicles. But keeping that condenser and radiator clean is necessary to prevent engine overheating or burning up your AC system real quick. Cruze is the worse possible car ever for doing this job. Its like they want us to have problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts