Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What can cloud the paint like this ?

3046 20
That's the most obvious spot, there's a fee light clouds in the paint and I'm not sure where from, I released it waxed it and put it away like normal

Car cover then weather proof tarp over it, for about 4 days while it rained then took the tarp and cover off after the rain and this is what I got

Detailer/spray wax doesn't remove it

Carnauba/polymer paste waxes doesn't remove it

It doesn't have a noticeable edge around it

Doesn't have a different sheen or shine to unaffected paint

No sign of excessive heat or anything out of the ordinary under the hood

I don't use the hood as a shelf for rags or anything really

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,470 Posts
Leave it alone with no cover. It is called 'Blushing'.

Your cover likely held moisture against the paint while the sun was shining on it......avoid waxing the spot as it will tend to trap outgassing.
To get the wax off, just wipe the area with tar remover or mineral spirits.

If I'm correct, the spot should disappear in a (sunny) day or two.

Rob

As you have discovered, covering a wet car with a cover that doesn't breathe is not helping anything.

·
Premium Member
5,470 Posts
This worked! There's a few very very hard to notice blemishes remaining on the roof, but the big ugly one on the hood is all but a thing of the past now! Thanks for the advice, canopy coming better late than never but I guess now I learned my lesson

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks for the follow up.

Going a bit further, this anomaly often happens to folks that leave a hood bra (mask) on a wet car and the manuals that come with the bra (the better ones, like Colgan) warn of the possibility of blushing with the same recommendation I gave you.

Glad it worked out, I was confident it would.

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.