Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought mine because of all the features style looks performance safety color handling and best of all the car fit me so well I knew it was mine right from the beginning. My eco manual got my adrenaline pumping when I drove it the first time. It still gets my blood and adrenaline going to this day as it will for many years to come :). So everyone hit me up :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts

For me, it was the options available, styling, and of course the color when it came down to it. I simply didn't like the available Focus colors.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
For the features and beautiful interior and exterioir...

I came in wanting to buy a used Nissan Murano they had on the lot, but the salesmen guided me over to the Cruze and i was shocked to see how many features it had for the same price as a USED Murano+ it's a new car.

Also the car is sexy

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: JayZee

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the style of the body, the sound of the turbo, the great mpg, and the price of course, can't beat getting a car sticker priced at 22.5k and getting it for 19.2k. :)

That's very true. I got a better deal on my eco than I did my LT.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I quickly started to try and put a deal together for me to trade in my LT for my eco after I heard the true MPG and how they drove and the style. In a way I kinda screwed myself because of how much I was upside down on the loss of equity on the LT. I only got 15,800.00 for trade in allowance which was good I guess

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Real world MPG, manual transmission, exterior styling, interior quality, crystal red tintcoat. Plus my wife hated the focus, and I wasn't a big fan either.
That is how I use mine. I mostly drive my beater work car to work for the wear and tear and use my cruze as the weekend warrior. Might drive it alot less if the air force accepts me for warrior training.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
I would have liked an LT RS Autumn Metallic, but with the RS package, pioneer, sunroof, and Mylink tech package, it would have been more expensive than my Eco Manual. I can live without the sunroof with this kind of MPG(which was my main selling point on getting the car). Its too bad they killed off the Autumn Metallic for the 2013s, as the wife liked that color and so did I. You don't see many Autumn Metallic Cruzes out there.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,542 Posts
-Manual transmission that wasn't in an Eco. I'd had enough of autos and wanted a manual back.
-Surprisingly spunky, small engine that was good on gas. This was very important for me - I wanted better gas mileage than my last car that was eating me alive in fuel costs, but didn't want to give up something with some guts to it.
-Turbo (loved my last turbo car to death).
-Nicest interior in the class. Lotta bang-for-the-buck.
-Build quality impressed both my dad and I for a Chevrolet - lets face it, the Cavalier/Cobalt were terrible as far as interior appointments went.
-FUN to throw around corners - good chassis.
-Great suspension, great highway cruiser. Also very quiet.
-Looked easy to work on
-Sexy beast in red/black.

I was interested in the Cruze at first...looked like a great product and really had some great reviews on its release, but for the 2011 model year, you couldn't get a manual without the Eco (geared all wrong for my liking and I hated the wheels) or LS package (slow, didn't have alloys or cruise control).

After driving the auto Cruze, I lost interest. The Camry was next on the list, but I decided that while it would be a good car, I'd be insanely bored with it after a year and I was far too young for that. So, getting ready to start a new job and thinking that I would need a good little commuter car, I was about ready to pull the trigger on an Elantra - a car I was very impressed with. The Hyundai dealer was right next to the Chevy dealer, so I went back for one last look at the Cruze. In 2012, they finally released the Cruze LT manual...went and drove one and LOVED it. Took her home the next day after some negotiating between two dealers.

Pretty happy with the biggest financial decision I've made in my life thus far. I wish it had a little more power (stock) sometimes, wish it had better tires and a bigger back seat, should have gotten a sunroof, and wish it would stay out of the shop. But other than that, I love the car.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
There are a number of reasons for a Cruze - first being an Engineer I was intrigued by the ECO being a special high MPG model, lighter weight, active aero, LRR tires and special OD transmission. I was also very happy to get $4k off the MSRP with GM dollars USAA discount and rebate and Pontiac Loyalty credit. Styling, colors of exterior and interior all kind of grew on me. I was very impressed with the content/features of the Cruze too.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There are a number of reasons for a Cruze - first being an Engineer I was intrigued by the ECO being a special high MPG model, lighter weight, active aero, LRR tires and special OD transmission. I was also very happy to get $4k off the MSRP with GM dollars USAA discount and rebate and Pontiac Loyalty credit. Styling, colors of exterior and interior all kind of grew on me. I was very impressed with the content/features of the Cruze too.
Are you a GM employee or something? :)

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Are you a GM employee or something?
Nope-work in telecom. I have an MSME and appreciate a good design.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I don't drive a Cruze yet (I drive a Buick Lacrosse) but working on this forum is quickly pushing my next car decision in that direction. I really want a Cruze Diesel. :signs005: lol

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
I don't drive a Cruze yet (I drive a Buick Lacrosse) but working on this forum is quickly pushing my next car decision in that direction. I really want a Cruze Diesel. :signs005: lol

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care
Go for it if your commutes are long enough if not why not an ECO

Sent From An Antique,
My Original Droid.

Reactions: 2princesses

·
Registered
718 Posts
1. I don't need a car bigger than a Cruze.
2. I run a garage so I get to see all kinds of cars all day long. Mazda 3, Focus, Elantra etc are all a step behind IMHO.
3. I get supplier price which is invoice +1% in Canada. Combine that with 0% financing and nobody else can touch the price.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts