Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What did you do TO your Cruze today?

276592 Views 2208 Replies 321 Participants Last post by  Johnny B
Post what you did to er and maybe even a picture to accompany it.

Today I just washed it and did a quick wax job. It was pretty dirty from about 5 commutes to work!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· The Nuclear Option
5,892 Posts
Well, I'm not wishing the forum away, but looking at other once very popular forums, they do tend to eventually fade. Chevy is no longer offering Cruzes. We will stay alive for awhile though as other platforms use this engine we know so much about.
All good things must come to an end eventually.

· The Nuclear Option
5,892 Posts
My Autometer boost gauge just arrived from Amazon, I’ve got a threaded plug in my ZZP upper charge pipe... just need to figure out how and where to mount it. I got the Autometer mounting cup with it also. So that’s today project.
This works great!

· The Nuclear Option
5,892 Posts
I was looking at that but I thought it would look odd having only a single gauge in there and I really couldn’t think of another gauge I really needed. Running the air line to it there would be a pain the the rear!
I use to use my phone with a OBD Bluetooth adapter for boost but the shift light I bought plugs into the ODB port and doesn’t work with a splitter. If I cant get it mounted someplace else I might go with the A pillar setup.

Thasks!
It's alot easier than you think. I put a aeroforce Interceptor in my other pod.

· The Nuclear Option
5,892 Posts
Well I don't blame myself for it. It was horrible weather, I had to close the store I was working at early just to make sure everyone could get home safe. You probably know, 'cause the storm covered basically the top half of Indiana.
I do. We got a foot of snow on Monday. And 9 inches 5 days before that.

Our HHR hasn't been driven in about 2 weeks.

· The Nuclear Option
5,892 Posts
Yep... not gonna hurt it. Itll start melting here about next week. Waiting for the next stimulus check or my tax return to buy some more parts. If it ever comes... nice to see I'm getting less in my paycheck now. America last 🤨
How else do you think the government is paying for the "free" stimulus money they've given away?

· The Nuclear Option
5,892 Posts
Began the bake of the Downpipe and exhaust manifold VHT Silver coated . Taped off everything that shouldn't be coated as well as covered the stainless flex and the ZZP logo so they will still be bare.

View attachment 292175
What's up with your downpipe, Pat? Is that how they sell them now? Mine is one piece without the flex.

· The Nuclear Option
5,892 Posts
Thats how it came . my only guess is they were havig issues with the solid pipe.. No idea to be honest.now ya got me worried hope I didnt get a sonic one or some other weird difference...
It looks exactly like mine, but your's has a piece of flex pipe in it.

Did you get just the downpipe or the Midpipe/Downpipe combo?

I got the Midpipe/Downpipe Combo and if I remember right my Midpipe has a flex pipe in it.
It's not really going to matter though since I'm installing TTR "solid" (really polyurethane bushing) mounts.

· The Nuclear Option
5,892 Posts
Nope.. but it was just over 200 for the replacement while I was at work yesterday they did it in the parking lot. Today I installed the hitch Still hve to run the wire harness. Tomorrow morning project with the turbo, Downpipe, Oil and trans fluid change
Careful installing that V3, seeing that as of recently, all of the members that I'm aware of (except one) who installed it on stock internals have either disappeared, or blown their engines. Are you sure you want a V3 @Thebigzeus ;)

All Joking aside,
Let me know how it goes Pat! Enjoy!

· The Nuclear Option
5,892 Posts
Just did my first oil change a few days ago. I know most of y'all could do an oil change in your sleep, but it's kind of a big deal for me. I used a whole bag of oil dry for all the oil I spilled, plus a lot of shop towels. I initially overfilled it and had to drain some out, but I drained to much and had to buy more. Oh well. The more you know. View attachment 293118
Congratulations!

Your learning. Is this the first oil change you've EVER done?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts