Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What did you do TO your Cruze today?

274802 Views 2204 Replies 321 Participants Last post by  Bluelight
Post what you did to er and maybe even a picture to accompany it.

Today I just washed it and did a quick wax job. It was pretty dirty from about 5 commutes to work!
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,280 Posts
I've always thought about tinting my windshields. Never have maybee I will on the cruze when I get the windows redone. When I bought the car whoever had it before me tinted everything 35 which is completely pointless because you can see right through it. So ill have the back window done in 5 and the 4 others done in 20
Just a quick point to the 5% on the back, I did it and kind of regret it, cannot see when back in up through it at night and sometimes on cloudy days. Just increases the risk I think. Otherwise I love it. And yes I even have ultra bright LED backup lights that help but don’t fully alleviate it.

· Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,280 Posts
Installed this BNR wastegate actuator this evening. Massive amounts of low-mid end power now, it doesn't surge up anymore, is more linear. Got some work to do on the high end I think still, but looks great and performs as expected. Matches my Forge BOV as well.

· Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,280 Posts
Adjusted my BNR wastegate actuator about 4 different times today, finally pushing 21-23 PSI at wide open throttle. Took almost 7 turns in (preload), not sure why when it says you should do 1/2 to 1 max... But after chatting with them they suggested this. Runs great and pulls so much harder. Used to max at 18PSI on stock one as the boost would blow it open and would nose over when stomping it.

· Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,280 Posts

· Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,280 Posts
Yea I had mine done at 35 because that's the limit here in MA. Going to get it refund at 20 though, it's too light. I see people with 20 or darker all the time and nobody ever gets pulled over for it
Lucky you, here in TX at the yearly inspection they slip a tool over your window and measure it. Lots of people just rip it off before inspectino then retint after, but that adds up...

· Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,280 Posts
Because DD doesn't make an LED replacement for dual filament forward lighting.
GTR Lighting does though.
Whew those are pricey! I got these and they work great TECHMAX Mini H13 LED Headlight Bulbs,60W 10000Lm 4700Lux 6500K Cool White Extremely Bright 30mm Heatsink Base CREE Chips 9008 Hi/Lo Conversion Kit(of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CBPV3WW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_t6zhFb4XVHE7E

· Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,280 Posts
Had stuttering issues and found corrosion on the plugs and oem coil pack. [emoji19]

Just installed the MSD performance coil pack and fresh brisk racing EVO plugs. Installed some Hella headlamps while I had the hood up [emoji2]

Hesitation is gone! Running like a champ!

Current config:
K&N typhoon
Borla S Type exhaust
Brisk plugs
AMS oil/ trans
MSD Coil
Trifecta tune
Pioneer touchscreen w/backup cam
Did you go with the weird looking ones with the odd bottom? Always wondered about those and been intrigued.

· Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,280 Posts
I briefly smelled coolant in the cabin, duhn duh duhn duh daaaa
I’ve been smelling it after I pull into the garage for a month or so, just put a sharpie mark on the tank and see it has went down ever so slightly... did some looking today with my new harbor freight LED light and boom, oil cooler is orange too from the drips..

· Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,280 Posts
Hey bro, you might have the hose attached wrong. I pulled mine back to show you. You can see on the connection where the hose should reach. The hose should say "UP" at the 12 position and you do not want to go past that mark on the side.

You need to rotate yours to the right and pull it back a little. Line up the mark.

Looks like your cam cover is leaking also.
Interesting, I have not touched this since owning the car... So the white mark should line up with that stop? and I agree it is shoved on too far, not sure that would cause a leak though, maybe?

Cam cover is likely fine, I think thats orange dexcool. It was replaced by dealer like 4k miles ago. I'll go do a taste test if you'd like ;)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts