Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What did you do TO your Cruze today?

275747 Views 2207 Replies 321 Participants Last post by  Cruzing12
Post what you did to er and maybe even a picture to accompany it.

Today I just washed it and did a quick wax job. It was pretty dirty from about 5 commutes to work!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
150 Posts
First coolant issue at 82k miles. Noticed the sweet smell coming thru the vents. Pop the hood and found a wet spot on top of the transmission housing directly below the tank. Noticed a droplet hanging from the tank close to that hose. Replaced with a Dorman, pretty cheap and easy. Hardest part was removing the shield to drain the coolant first. Reused the hoses, looked good.
[/QUOTE

I used a Dorman as well. The added metal support in the inlet is good. But also, the pressure cap relief "channel" drips out on top of the tank when the o ring fails or has excess pressure. Allows a visual.
The acdelco tank channel extends across the top, down the side to the bottom edge of tank on the outside bay side. Could explain many "coolant loss without visible leak" complaints.

· Premium Member
150 Posts
Hi all, today(and 1 day last week) I cured some codes, p0299 p0171 p0101 and cel. I installed a new gm valve cover, re- purposed my original gm intake with a v3.4 fix kit and new evap solonoid unit, cleaned the throttle body and maf sensor, new mas sensor (dropped air box top hard) while changing filter, inspected spark plugs, new serpentine belt and tensioner. Running great @
Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
190k.
🇺🇸Happy 4th July!🇺🇸

· Premium Member
150 Posts
Thanks for checking my photo and looks like I can make an improvement! I watched the youtube video for installation, should have read further on his website. I will just reassmble the smaller hoses and should be good.

· Premium Member
150 Posts
Oil and filter. Castrol Edge extended and GM filter.
Question- the plastic wire wrap on wires that run across the top of engine fan... brittle and falling apart. Is there a good replacement wrap or leave them bare?
Thanks.

· Premium Member
150 Posts
With my stock intake, temp on hot days rises to 115 120 at idle w 90 ambient. what temp does your cai air temp get up to? I use torque pro to monitor

· Premium Member
150 Posts
Had BJs rotate the 2012 yokohamas and pull a nail/fix a slow leak.
Tomorrow's a big day with 2014 getting a v3.4 fixkit and new radiator fan guts. I will be put to the test getting the fan done considering the transmission oil lines and bumper cover. New stuff for me

· Premium Member
150 Posts
Had BJs rotate the 2012 yokohamas and pull a nail/fix a slow leak.
Tomorrow's a big day with 2014 getting a v3.4 fixkit and new radiator fan guts. I will be put to the test getting the fan done considering the transmission oil lines and bumper cover. New stuff for me
Update, had to switch gears on the gm fan guts as the shroud in the 2014 is aftermarket so the bolt pattern was too large for the gm motor/blade. Had to get a Duralast and also had to modify the shroud to fit. Bad brand pia. Fixkit is waiting for next daughter visit because of extra fan install time and I know I'll be doing the fan job again...
Learned lots about the autom trans oil cooler setup by searching the forum. Not so bad if you follow directions. fyi dorman trans line connector that I had to buy on a Sunday (with the rad fan) was no good. Had to chase the very burred aluminum threads or it would have cross threaded into the trans cooler(inside the radiator) and really caused an issue. Then I bought 2 Gm connectors from the dealer on Monday...same issue, crappy burred threads, identical aluminum item. I'm hoping the gm internal 0 ring is sturdier and will have a tighter fit on the cooler line.
I was pleased with my diassembly efforts with bumper cover etc. fyi no need to use force when removing the b cover. Just use a small tool to release the tabs gently.
Both 2012 and 2014 Cruzes have been a positive diy repair learning experience. If you follow good advice and use gm parts, good results are the reward.
Will update. Dave

· Premium Member
150 Posts
On the 2012 I did an oil change, Castrol Edge extended and a Mobil 1 filter. I have always used Acdelco filters but it wasn't available locally, hope the Mobil 1 will be fine for a cycle. Replaced the cpasv seals, very simple repair. Although the leak doesn't show on the dipstick much, sure makes a mess on the front of the engine over time.

· Premium Member
150 Posts
Daughter's 2014 LT rs
Replaced front crank seal to quiet the "chirp", serpentine belt and tensioner, wheel well liner, front splash under-panel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts