Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What did you do TO your Cruze today?

275765 Views 2207 Replies 321 Participants Last post by  Cruzing12
Post what you did to er and maybe even a picture to accompany it.

Today I just washed it and did a quick wax job. It was pretty dirty from about 5 commutes to work!
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

· Registered
2nd 2012 1.8l mt 147000km
558 Posts
Ran 4 guage ground to the subwoofer and power up to the dash. Picked up oil n filter. Than hit the speed limiter while out for a drive.

Decided to do a shift knob delete for my 2012 6mt manual

Find it's much better to hold while making a shift

In the last week I also passed the 300k km mark.

· Registered
558 Posts
Put on some 1800km the last two days touring around the province. 1k km in my stabilitrak shut off on me when I down shifted and spun the wheels easing into wot at 120km/hr.

· Registered
558 Posts
Went for a slip and slide.

Went down this icy side road and the car rotated 90 degrees to the left by the time I cuaght it and got to watch the world go by sideways for 10'. Proceeded to over correct into a 180 to the right for another little bit before straightening out with a couple fish tails

· Registered
558 Posts
Did another 900km round trip throught the country mostly overnight in a snow storm. Had fun, exercised my hand brake in some empty parking lots. and enjoyed sliding on the back roads too. Also exercised my snow shoveling capabilities with my car shovel.

First beaching I needed the shovel for. there were a series of 90 bends that went on forever as the road conformed to the lake front. Just had to try and touch the corner on my way by one bend and ended up getting sucked into the snow bank as my rear end came round, not bad quick shovel and I'm out n rolling 10 minutes

Second time that trip there was a blind corner overlooking a downtown core in a valley. Naturally assuming the road would of continued, but nope. I was thankfully slowing down for the veiw but once the decent started there was no making the turn. Lodged the car up a bank of plowed snow. Shoveled forever on that one, got to a point the tires were bout 4" off the ground. Eventually lost my shovel trying to get the snow out from under the engine and melted the shovel on the exhaust as the car dropped down. Another thankfully I was able to get out after a little more hand digging.

· Registered
558 Posts
Bought a new oil cooler since I'm going to be in changing the head gasket. might aswell make sure incase it is the oil cooler and not the head gasket that's leaking oil into the coolant

· Registered
558 Posts
Spent the last couple days changing the head gasket on my 1.8l..... i changed the pcv when I was in there too and it started sucking oil into the intake. Lost a liter n a half of oil in roughly 50 mins of driving.

Other than throwing the old valve back in I sort of screwed myself there.

· Registered
558 Posts

It was time for a new battery... going from the presumably original ac delco battery from 2012, to a AGM interstate mtx H7. Cleaned the ground strap too and the car is running like a champ. Starter doesn't hesitate and the subwoofer is louder.

· Registered
558 Posts

Prepping the car for a camping trip. Going to frame in a box where the passenger seat was. Got a cooler, camp stove and other things all going up in the "front box." Deciding if I need a second H7 battery each is good for 80Ah. Guess I'll test it out first as I could put that 500 for a battery in a better place.

· Registered
558 Posts
Nice what speakers did you do ?
In my project thread...

They're JL audio C1-650 2 way component set. Was originally going to use a herts uno k165 passive 2 way component set as it has a interior matching grey cone but got these , jls, for the same price due to no stock and are much better quality. So the Hertz will be going in the rear doors eventually.

· Registered
558 Posts
Did some mild off roading up to the back pasture of the farm. Got the clutch nice and toasty getting up the hill at the end. imaging about a very lumpy (cow path some years ago) grade of about 55-62%. So I needed a couple goes at it using all the suspension travel these cars posses.

Then the bad... I bounced through a corner out on the gravel roads of the back country. Came in to hot and tight, rotated the car to try and use the low shoulder to rail through the turn and got pulled into the ditch. Bounced once with a helical sway, and, in that moment when the **** in your car is floating, I was thinking hell no this girl isn't rolling. Then the second bounce to level the car out oh the fun.

Knackered the rim most likely pinched the side wall, and blew the radiator supports clean off. And it still runs.

Going to be an expensive Monday

· Registered
558 Posts

Finished beefing up the runs. 4awg for the alternator return and two 4wg ground straps, one to chassis, the other to the head.

Engine light went away so least to say the OEM ground strap was succumbing to the corrosion.

· Registered
558 Posts
Took the power out of the power steering rack for a change up and to see how bad the damage is from my ditch jump a while back.

I like the feeling of there being no assist at speed, and not having to fight center with how twitchy the rack is making you look like a drunk going down the road,but would like the assist at slow speeds. Right now the later is the minimal so I may leave the power off.

Lol the ultimate anti theft devices strong arm steering and stick...

1 - 20 of 78 Posts