Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 245 Posts

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,174 Posts
I'm a few days late, but I got Cherry Bomb back from the repair shop last Thursday and she looks fantastic. On my last trip to Ohio, the lip spoiler was ripped off and demolished due to a very large retread in the road and also later on somehow we turned off a curb - thinking it was a drive ramp duh- and smashed the rocker.

· Administrator
14,174 Posts
Received this nice little “gift” passing between two rock trucks while merging onto a busy freeway...appt with Safelite Auto Glass next week.

View attachment 245570
Careful not to hit any large bumps, the way that cracked, it might make it un-fixable.

· Administrator
14,174 Posts
Well, midway through November I changed to my winter tire/rim combo and on the 8th I was able to actually drive in snow for the first time on the the new tires. They performed better than I expected. The snow was almost gone by yesterday, so no time to experiment yet. Soon enough though...

· Administrator
14,174 Posts
Well, yesterday I was driving to work behind a snow plow wondering what it was doing as most of the snow was gone, only a glazed strip between the tires, about a 1/4" high and salt stains in the tire tracks. Well the plow turned of, I'm doing between 35 and 40 lookin' ahead as normal, and a slight change in color occurred just ahead of me in the center strip. Now mind you, it was so slight that my mind thought, what is that, maybe a shadow, oh it's gone etc in about 1/10th of a second when out of the blue I hear a wham! scraaaaaaaaaaaape!!! I stop, at the light which at that time just turned yellow, and looked under the car for whatever was scraping and it looked like a piece of ice. The light changed, I hopped in and moved forward. Now I realize there is something more than ice making this noise. I pulled over and went to the front of the car only to see my lip spoiler dragging on the ground and half of it gone. I thought that must be what is making that scraping noise. I went the next few blocks and parked at work. It was really cold and dark and I was getting close to being late so I just went in and thought, I'll look at this later. Well, a coworker came in later and asked me wtf I did to my car. I'm still thinkin', I need a new lip spoiler - second one in a year now, but not the end of the world. Well, when I went out later in the day to get something I had forgotten in the car, my jaw not only dropped but fell off!! My entire fascia was was almost split in half. Now for those of you that read my drivel know, that was also replaced once before this year. It made me sad enough to rethink my choice of cars - just for a moment. I removed the broken spoiler piece and I went back inside a little dejected, but was already thinking about where to buy a new fascia. When it was time to go that evening (I work a 12hr shift) I came out to start and move my car closer to the exit as it was blisteringly cold at that time and lo & behold, it still scraping. I pull over to a curb and get one tire up in order to pull whatever this was out. It ends up being a piece of sheet metal painted the color of snow and salt. Must have been a white car panel that fell off a scrappers truck, as we get many of them on this route with pick-ups brimming with scrap metal. If I could , I'd post some pic's. Since I cannot, I'll sign off licking my wounds singing Happy Birthday to an dumb car nut.Cheers

· Administrator
14,174 Posts
Off topic but related to oil changes. All my oil changes have been done at the dealer, even though I've had 6 wix filters sitting on the self in my garage. Decided at 3500miles to spin off the filter and swap in a new one just to see how well it was holding up. I wasn't planning on using that new gasket but when I went to reinstall I noticed the gasket was so stretched it was sticking out of its groove significantly on once side.

Swapped on the new filter lid gasket, it had a nice tight fit. Got to thinking, my previous car 2.2 ecotec with similar filter only the aftermarket filters came with a new gasket, the AC delco ones did not. Is my dealer not changing this? Does the Cruze AC delco filter not come with a new gasket? As loose an worn as the one was on my car it certainly didn't look like it was ever changed, and I'm surprised it had not started leaking.
Did you ever get an answer to this - no I did not read all 59 pages today, maybe when I retire :jump:

Gave her the weekend off. Today was a beautiful day for a scrub and polish.
Ditto

· Administrator
14,174 Posts
Well, I finally had all the Amsoil fluids - brake, trans and oil - installed today along with a new wix filter. It only took 11 months, not too long ehh? I also had the rear Bilstein shocks and my Whiteline sway bar installed as well. I was only able to drive a few miles in the city, but hopefully tomorrow I can take it for a test spin on my favorite off ramp. It was kind of dark, but it seems to have changed the stance a bit as well - the shocks I mean.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot, also had my Right Front Wheel Speed Circuit sensor replaced.

· Administrator
14,174 Posts
That sounds cool, do you have a link to a video of this? We added a sequence flash to our 05 mustang shortly after getting it kinda like a arrow pointing to direction flash steps. It became so popular as I understand it was added as a standard to future stangs
This was a Mercury (as in Ford Lincoln Mercury) feature on the Cougars. This is a video clip that is talking about adding LEDs to the sequential system, but at about 57 seconds you can see them in action. It is kinda like Dodge taking Plymouth stuff and putting it into the Dodges now-a-days.

1 - 20 of 245 Posts