Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What did you do TO your Cruze today?

275765 Views 2207 Replies 321 Participants Last post by  Cruzing12
Post what you did to er and maybe even a picture to accompany it.

Today I just washed it and did a quick wax job. It was pretty dirty from about 5 commutes to work!
2081 - 2100 of 2208 Posts

· Registered
2nd 2012 1.8l mt 147000km
558 Posts
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Changing the darn oil cooler.

Fyi the doorman kit includes all the seals sept for the connection between the return pipe and thermostat housing.

· Registered
558 Posts
So, I made 38mpg at 75-80mph when cruizing.

Upon realization I may have left out some crucial pieces of front bumper cover... One of the two grill inserts came off during removal( the one in front the intake) and I plain forgot to put the intake shroud back on that goes between the bumper and rad support

Explains why the car just wants to run, being ram charged

· Registered
558 Posts
Hualed 7 and a half 5 gallon buckets of dirt, and probably another 100lbs in wood.

Got that stance going, in the rear lol.

Then on the way home there's this rail crossing completely blown out, I've found a way to take it at speed... But today I found the speed limit at wich on can cross it at. Have to take it at an angle and cut hard at the right spot, this time my rear end jumped a good 4ft to the side lol.

· Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
1,246 Posts
Replaced the coolant reservoir. I thought I was doing it just as preventive maintenance, but then I noticed the bottom of the OE reservoir had a red-orange glob attached to it. Looked like there must have been a very tiny hole leaking out coolant for years, because the goo seemed like Dexcool but missing about 99% of the water. The new bottle looks so nice :D Dorman FTW !
Motor vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Automotive tire

· Premium Member
20 Posts
Over the weekend I managed to find a whole set of black belt moldings for the doors and C pillar. Paid $7.50 for my haul from the junkyard. Popped them in this evening. Unfortunately I did figure out over the weekend that I’m having a major oil consumption issue so that’s the next thing on the list. No leaks, no major smoke. So this should be fun.

before
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

After
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
46 Posts
A win and a loss today.
Good news, installed XtremeRevolution ‘s intake manifold modification today. Turned the CEL off. Two thumbs up, highly recommended. Videos were awesome help.
Bad news, leaning against the coolant reservoir hose to deal with the manifold, my dad cracked the end of the hose from the coolant reservoir. My Cruze “marked its path” as I did a test drive to check the manifold fix. Win some, lose some.

· Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,280 Posts
A win and a loss today.
Good news, installed XtremeRevolution ‘s intake manifold modification today. Turned the CEL off. Two thumbs up, highly recommended. Videos were awesome help.
Bad news, leaning against the coolant reservoir hose to deal with the manifold, my dad cracked the end of the hose from the coolant reservoir. My Cruze “marked its path” as I did a test drive to check the manifold fix. Win some, lose some.
Eh, you know that's a cheap part that goes bad often. Cheap insurance to replace it actually. Dorman makes a better one with a metal insert as well.

· Registered
46 Posts
Eh, you know that's a cheap part that goes bad often. Cheap insurance to replace it actually. Dorman makes a better one with a metal insert as well.

Yeah, I’m okay with the loss. The problem is no auto parts place has the connector locally. Gotta be patient and wait for my post lady Monday.

· Registered
5 Posts
I turned off DTC P0325 :confused: ....after replacing valve cover (blown), intake manifold (missing pcv), knock sensor (oem actually failed), ignition coil (broke), spark plugs (made it 100k). Confirmed DTC P0325 does not affect knock detected ignition retard (when) system is operational. (Buying an ECM anyway).

· Registered
414 Posts
Drove up to Winnipeg MB and back home to S TX. Amazingly, US CBP didn't give us the usual hassle.

· Registered
558 Posts
@Blasirl

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Succsess!!! Man what a pia it was. Knowing what I Know now I would of opted for a single 18" HD and a single 6" HD Sawzal blade. Plus having a drill an a mini hack saw are a must too.

For Blasirl
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive tire

Remember you saying you haven't seen this

2081 - 2100 of 2208 Posts