Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
2101 - 2104 of 2104 Posts

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,842 Posts
Ooof. Did you borescope the rest of the rocker to make sure it isn't going to pop up elsewhere? I suppose if it appears there, it's going to be a different patch panel anyway. Is the inner reinforcement in good shape?

·
Registered
2nd 2012 1.8l mt 147000km
310 Posts
Ooof. Did you borescope the rest of the rocker to make sure it isn't going to pop up elsewhere? I suppose if it appears there, it's going to be a different patch panel anyway. Is the inner reinforcement in good shape?
On my car? No borescope just what the eyes can see. And in side seems to look good, I think the previous owner drove off a lot of curbs... sctratch that, ledges. As various sections of rocker, an chassis are pressed in/ guoged.

The donor? Minimal rust on the bottom pinch welds, inside the chassis was clean as I took a quarter cut not just the skin.

As for the outcome of my car, I think it will just be cleaning up surface rust once the skin comes off.... But that's for the body shop to do as insurance is paying to fix the quarter panel. I got hit a while back and buddy left his info.

Figured two birds one stone, right

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,842 Posts
Absolutely - might as well fix it at the same time. Sounds like you have a well thought-out plan, excellent.

Reactions: Cruzing12
2101 - 2104 of 2104 Posts