Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What did you do TO your Cruze today?

262979 2191
Post what you did to er and maybe even a picture to accompany it.

Today I just washed it and did a quick wax job. It was pretty dirty from about 5 commutes to work!
2121 - 2140 of 2192 Posts

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,992 Posts
Oil and filter. Castrol Edge extended and GM filter.
Question- the plastic wire wrap on wires that run across the top of engine fan... brittle and falling apart. Is there a good replacement wrap or leave them bare?
Thanks.
Harbor Freight sells it pretty cheap

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
With my stock intake, temp on hot days rises to 115 120 at idle w 90 ambient. what temp does your cai air temp get up to? I use torque pro to monitor

·
Registered
422 Posts
Began the installation of a boost gauge and wideband gauge. Easy part of getting the wires/hose through the firewall done. Now, the hard part. Wiring and the pod itself. 🖖

·
Registered
2nd 2012 1.8l mt 147000km
461 Posts
debating weather i want to change out the oil check valve..... behind the alternator.... under the intake.... holding lots of oil... 2 am friday night. whoot

I work nights so this is my friday night.

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,011 Posts
When you're halfway into your four hour drive up north for vacation annd..."Service Charging System". **** belt snapped likely sometime before then, so we were running on battery. I drove a bit longer (through some extremely heavy rain which meant all sorts of electrical load was going...and oddly not lowering voltage really at all), and we finally pulled off at a gas station where we remained for about the next four hours (and thankfully dry from the rain under the roof there). We got incredibly lucky that a good friend of ours from college (and one of my wife's bridesmaids from our wedding) is from that area and was headed up there anyway. She was able to stop by a parts store about 50 minutes south and find the one Cruze Diesel belt in the area that I had ordered for pickup, and bring it up to us, along with some tools from her brother who lives nearby and I was able to get it swapped and we were on our way...yep, four hour drive took a solid eight hours. I guess at least the driving portion still wasn't any longer - sitting in traffic for that long would've sucked.

Pretty sure this is supposed to be one continuous loop:
Automotive fuel system Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

New belt installed!
Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive fuel system Automotive design

All good to continue on finally!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Better than the 11.5V we had when we rolled in...and very quickly too.
Speedometer Car Vehicle Tachometer Gauge

·
Registered
461 Posts
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grey Wood

Disassembled the air intake and removed the alternator. Unhooking the intake I learned where my liter of oil went between oil changes, down the PCV "hatch."

Now I'm planking on the engine bay... Head down the back, chest on the valve cover and knees on the rad to get to a okay working position on that valve above.

I'll be finishing that check valve thread I made some time this week too.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Font Gas Motor vehicle Audio equipment Auto part

Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive exhaust Metal Fashion accessory

Uhhhh... Ughhhhhh... Awgwwwghhhh. Ewwwwwweeee.

Little dirtier than expected...that bead of silicone though look rough.

·
Registered
461 Posts
View attachment 299703
Clean, inflate, rotate, and shine. All 4 of the wheels today.

DAI Alloys 16" apex rims with Hercules 655 road tours tires.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

I should get some rubber conditioner/ tire shine. Parking on the street while working nights is hard on the driver's side tires as they catch full sun. The tires are maybe 2years old and they're dry rotting already.

But let's take a second to admire how clean these rims are. Haven't been this clean since I got em.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,992 Posts
View attachment 299704
I should get some rubber conditioner/ tire shine. Parking on the street while working nights is hard on the driver's side tires as they catch full sun. The tires are maybe 2years old and they're dry rotting already.

But let's take a second to admire how clean these rims are. Haven't been this clean since I got em.
And now...for the rest of the car....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

two rounds of tire cleaner and I wasn't happy about it, a trip back to the store for tire shine and it's so good it has the camera all out of shape.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Had BJs rotate the 2012 yokohamas and pull a nail/fix a slow leak.
Tomorrow's a big day with 2014 getting a v3.4 fixkit and new radiator fan guts. I will be put to the test getting the fan done considering the transmission oil lines and bumper cover. New stuff for me

2121 - 2140 of 2192 Posts