Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What did you do TO your Cruze today?

262905 2191
Post what you did to er and maybe even a picture to accompany it.

Today I just washed it and did a quick wax job. It was pretty dirty from about 5 commutes to work!
2181 - 2192 of 2192 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Daughter's '16 runs like a top. That car has been a good buy. I have not put any money into it except for brakes and spark plugs.
DIL's '14 runs excellent as far as I know (might still have the P0420, but Im not getting any reports on it). All the repairs I did seem to be holding up.

Neither car runs 91 octane, either.....unless I fuel them myself. Food for thought....

Need to get with both women to schedule a time to swap to winter tire setups.

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,011 Posts
I don't even think about winter tires when it's still that warm out. This last fall, it was actively snowing while I was putting mine on 😆
It's 20 degrees colder and snowing today - so doing it yesterday was far more enjoyable than if I had to do it today.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
On the 2012 I did an oil change, Castrol Edge extended and a Mobil 1 filter. I have always used Acdelco filters but it wasn't available locally, hope the Mobil 1 will be fine for a cycle. Replaced the cpasv seals, very simple repair. Although the leak doesn't show on the dipstick much, sure makes a mess on the front of the engine over time.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Daughter's '16 runs like a top. That car has been a good buy. I have not put any money into it except for brakes and spark plugs.
DIL's '14 runs excellent as far as I know

Neither car runs 91 octane, either.....unless I fuel them myself. Food for thought....
I had a 12 1.4L and now my daughter has an 11 1.4L

Have / had about 300k miles between the 2 cars all on 87 octane. Original trans and turbos as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Long time no post! Always googling the great posts on here though.

Yesterday did a drain and fill on the transmission with some amsoil MTF. Rocking 125,000 miles now and i'm going to keep regularly draining and filling it. Also replaced the underbody bumper splash guard and air dam pieces with some used ones from the junkyard.

Today I replaced my drivers side window regulator assembly. One of the plastic guide tracks broke off and the window was stuck down. I lucked out and a nearby pull a part junkyard had a couple of cars to pick from. I had to make a second trip when I realized all the interior door panel clips were bent and mangled and wouldn't pop back in, but after fighting with the broken ones I had enough and went back and got replacement ones, and after that the panel just effortlessly popped back in.

Hope everyone's safe and around good people for the holidays!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Had an honest to goodness snow storm today. Had one moment on the way to work where I thought I should have brought the truck instead, but the Cruze mostly handled it like a champ. However, I did start losing pieces of windshield wiper. Went to Autozone to get some of the same Bosch Icons that I put on my truck and was happy with, but their fit finder said they didn't fit. Looked up the same wipers on Tirerack and it said they did, so I bought them. Attempting to put them on, the right one slid on with a little wiggling, but the left one gave me all kinds of trouble. There is a slot the end of the hook has to slide into that just did not want to line up. I finally got it on and locked down. I may see how they do tomorrow, or I may take the truck.

·
Registered
2nd 2012 1.8l mt 147000km
461 Posts
Picked up my car from the body shop. And it started snowing on the way home. Dug out my snow brush, and cleaned up my used weather tech floor liner I got a while ago. Put in the liner and abused it, and the car getting groceries.

also, what marvelous capabilities this car has with the spare tire and the hold down spike removed. I fit darn near a shopping cart worth of groceries just in the wheel well.

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,011 Posts
Since my wife has been back to driving to work 4 days per week most weeks, the oil change I did back in June apparently lasted this long. Oh well, at least we should be into spring by the time it needs the next one. Took advantage of the fact it's back to being 50 out to change it since I'm not running this oil change long to see how the metals trend with a normal interval.

Oddly, it was about 1/2 a quart low (last oil change it was about a quart high) - looks like the oil pan (which I removed and reinstalled in June) has a couple minor leaks, though significantly better than it had been, so...meh.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

2181 - 2192 of 2192 Posts